cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 31 of 39

Re: A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

Nodus wrote:

I have no idea what happened to that post of mine. I didn't delete it myself, that's for sure. I could recompose it if you like, but I don't think it would be worth it, since you have already made up your mind that we somehow are your enemies, and nothing will change that opinion anyway.

And I don't really care whether you believe what I said or not. I'm not seeking your acceptance here anyway -- son.

Someone clicked the Report Abuse button to the lower right of your post and sent it into Moderation where it now awaits the pleasure of our Forum Administrator who is extremely overworked and may or may not get to it sometime next week.  We Moderators could also deal with it but have been told not to deal with such requests ourselves.

That button is for reporting abusive or obscene posts, not to report some fatherly advice that someone doesn't want to hear.   Having read it myself several times I can tell you I found absolutely nothing wrong with it at all.   To use the button for other reasons could be construed as abuse in itself and is certainly misuse of the feature.

I see that you are globally opposite to Pharmalert, which sort of scotches another conspiracy theory mentioned elsewhere.

Thanks for your input. 😉

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit - grammar on 05/03/11 12:50:18 EST PM

Message was edited by: ajacobs to remove locale information on 3/10/11 5:28:20 PM CST
Nodus
Contributor
Message 32 of 39

Re: A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

Thanks for your explanation, Ex_Brit.

Ex_Brit wrote:

I see that you are globally opposite to Pharmalert, which sort of scotches another conspiracy theory mentioned elsewhere.

Well, you can't say that, can you. If you're inclined towards conspiracy theories, that fact could actually feed it even more. Especially when my diurnal rhythm isn't always that common to my time zone...

Message was edited by: ajacobs to remove locale information on 3/10/11 5:28:53 PM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 33 of 39

Jump to solution

LOL...says he, running screaming over the nearest cliff.

I'm getting too old for all this!!

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 05/03/11 9:16:14 EST AM
AlphaCentauri
Former Member
Message 34 of 39

A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

OMG, you can't imagine how many things I've started to write then edited out because I was afraid it would set someone's imagination into overdrive about some type of omnipotent power he thinks I have.

I can tell him that none of the senior reviewers on SA are voting him down on WOT. I can't say what other reviewers on WOT may be doing, because if a closed forum for discussing such things exists, I'm not a member of it.

The only power we have that he seems to lack to is the ability to write coherently and the ability to maintain people's respect by seeing the innocent explanations where no malice was intended.

And despite his baiting, I still don't want to hurt him. He's right. His site shouldn't have been left red that long on SA or turned back to red without any reason.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 35 of 39

Jump to solution

Agreed.  All I've seen is people trying to help and offer advice plus explanations on how things work.  Now we are sadly one reviewer less, for now at least..

At least I've learned a lot more about how things work.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 05/03/11 10:11:20 EST AM
jcollake
Former Member
Message 36 of 39

Jump to solution

Yes, say what you will about me. I am prone to 'conspiracy theories' when repeated accidents happen at odd times, making them statistically improbable. I now ACKNOWLEDGE this to be false, despite the coincidences leading to this plausible conclusion, which I always expressed as only plasuble because I had NO OTHER explanation. Yes, I certainly have freaked out when my integrity was attacked 3 times. I could have handled myself better. Sure.

However, I did not know that affected my web site rating?

I NEVER, at any point, said reveiewers were all teenagers -- far from it. NEVER did I say that ANYWERE. That is being taken out of context elsewhere to try to get reviewers against me, I assume. Look, hate me if you want to, but of all the scams, fraud, phishing, and other crap on the internet -- you would rate me as bad? Look, someone did immediately after that BAN, *that* person and ONLY that person was who I was talking about. THAT person.

Message was edited by: jcollake on 3/7/11 12:43:58 PM GMT-05:00
AlphaCentauri
Former Member
Message 37 of 39

Jump to solution

Thank you. I think we're all old enough that being called a teenager is amusing more than anything. I have refrained from rating your sites at all -- good, bad or otherwise. I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole. And I know pharmalert didn't even have internet access at the time in question, so he didn't do anything either.

What McAfee's automated rating service is doing is as mysterious to me as to anyone else. I can only shake my head in disbelief.

Nodus
Contributor
Message 38 of 39

A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

It's simply unbelievable it has happened again, and you certainly don't deserve that. This just confirms my already strong view of the incompetency of the McAfee staff whose responsibility it is to maintain the SiteAdvisor system on the whole. I wonder if there's anybody left who would understand how it actually works. And you already know how difficult it is to get their attention. There are several flaws in the system we have been trying to point out already before, without much success.

I also understand your frustration and anger. I just hope you won't turn it against us reviewers anymore, as I hope you understand we have got nothing to do with the whole thing. No reviewer I know, either on SiteAdvisor or MyWOT, has done anything to influence on your ratings (at least to the negative direction, that is). If there are such people somewhere -- which I doubt -- we don't know who they are.

I realize this confusion has most probably ensued from the same erroneous source that both McAfee and pharmalert happened to use to rate your site, and I still suspect there's a similar source lurking somewhere that McAfee's automated juggernaut in repeatedly using. I have no idea where it could be, and apparently there's no one at McAfee capable enough to find the culprit either. All they can do is to ban an innocent reviewer and think that would somehow make things better.

I don't know what to say. Although I haven't liked nearly everything you have said here, let alone your unfounded accusations, you still have my sympathy. I wouldn't be anything but happy if the whole problem got solved somehow and we could forget about it and move on.

jcollake
Former Member
Message 39 of 39

Jump to solution

This now FIXED. Kudos to McAfee for rapid response time

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community