cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcollake
Former Member
Message 21 of 39

Re: A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

I hope you do. I was not clear at first, it was the COMMENTS I was complaining about. The attack itself I will report to law enforcement, but a reviewer here (high-ranking in post count due to admitted use of automation tools.. I have the PM in this forum for anyone who wants to see it) came and UNFIXED this attack at MyWOT for me. He also has made me continually aware he was monitoring everything I say, and made threats of how easy I could get put on 'the list'.

I have ALWAYS operated with the UTMOST integrity, and you won't find a complaint from any customer of mine. If, the process of defending my reputation and business, your buddy got banned --- Hey, wasn't my decision. Nor did anyone appoint these people using automation tools as guardians. That is who I speak of, not you Ex_Brit. Users providing Real Experience obviously are ok. I just can' t BELIEVE they've attacked me, this group of supposed guardians, beyond reproach in ethical behavior (according to them).

Message was edited by: jcollake on 3/4/11 12:37:51 PM GMT-05:00
jcollake
Former Member
Message 22 of 39

Re: A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

... AND ... *IF* they immediately cease and decist, undo any damage they've already caused, and try to make amends I will not reveal the commentor's name here, or tell Mcafee of the incident, nor of the PM I have where you admit using automation tools just like pharmalert.

AlphaCentauri
Former Member
Message 23 of 39

A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

You may reproduce the PMs I sent you, so long as you reproduce them in their entirety, with your messages as well. I sent them privately for your benefit, not mine.

You are remarkably unteachable. These things you threaten to reveal from my PMs are actually things I posted publicly on WOT. But you clearly didn't even read what I wrote there, preferring to assume it was an attack instead of an attempt to help you.

I've seen what happens to people at WOT who ask the reviewers to spend their time going through throught a website doing a careful critique when they turn out not to have bothered to read the thread that says, "read this before posting." Having a privacy/cookie policy is a basic requirement of getting a green rating once you get the regular reviewers involved. Watching you put your established green rating at risk because there were a couple red comments in the past was like watching a car accident in slow motion. I wouldn't do it with my own sites no matter how good my reputation might currently be. The reviewers are actually being far more kind to you than to most people who waste their time that way. They sympathize with your situation. You just make it so very hard for people.

People don't appreciate their time being wasted. Please consider how much time you are taking up from the mods here. They have been admirably patient in trying to help you.

Nodus
Contributor
Message 24 of 39

Jump to solution

jcollake wrote:

Of course, we must understand that many of these people clearly don't know what it is like 'in the real world' trying to support a family.

You told in another thread that you're 32 years old. Well, that means I could easily be your father. And now I have to tell you, son, that I'm getting tired of you. You just keep throwing loose accusations of "attacks" that are nowhere to be seen, and keep telling everybody in sight that we are somehow harming you. How is that? We have no influence on the ratings of your sites at SiteAdvisor, and at MyWOT you seem to have very good ratings in every category. What's the problem with that? What is it that you still want from us? I haven't personally rated or reviewed any of your sites anywhere, and I'm not even going to do that, because, frankly, I don't have any interest in your sites on the whole.

You can take it to the FBI or anywhere you want, but you know, son, if you're going to tell them that we are attacking you, they will probably need you to provide some evidence of that, too. Or what do I know, I'm not even American.

And to top it all you say that we "clearly" don't know what it is like in the real world. Carefully there, son.

jcollake wrote:

the PM I have where you admit using automation tools just like pharmalert.

Oh yes, and there's nothing strange there. You have already been told that the mass posting tool for experienced users we are talking about here is provided by McAfee themselves. I've been using it for a long time, too. I prefer to review the, say, 500 identical sites that a scammer registered today by posting 500 identical reviews in one go instead of having to submit those reviews one by one. What's wrong with that? That's why the tool was implemented in the first place. The bad guys register way more new domains daily than you can possibly imagine. I guess even pharmalert is still a few million reviews short.

Message was edited by: Nodus on 3/5/11 5:06:19 AM EET
jcollake
Former Member
Message 25 of 39

A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

Who is Nodus fooling, btw? Posting, then deleting his posts. Oh well. Like I said, I have rolled over and am dead. I am not kissing butt for your majesty AlphaCentauri. Talk about a power trip. Yea, you can kill a family, who can't, lol...  Oh, and I loved the 'son' crap in Nodus's post. Yea, that was real convincing. I'm sorry, but maturity is something that is .. well.. a little more obvious than that. I'll certainly admit to missing it sometimes myself.

jcollake
Former Member
Message 26 of 39

Jump to solution

And to Alpha, please quit threatening me, thank you. Why did you bring up the LONG AGO dissected PEBundle? We went through that forever here... I submitted it for analysis even. That was what he brought up. Thankfully, you boneheads went ahead and kept making specious attacks about the most inate things (like proving pharmalert was banned at all).

Message was edited by: jcollake on 3/4/11 11:30:33 PM GMT-05:00
Nodus
Contributor
Message 27 of 39

Jump to solution

I have no idea what happened to that post of mine. I didn't delete it myself, that's for sure. I could recompose it if you like, but I don't think it would be worth it, since you have already made up your mind that we somehow are your enemies, and nothing will change that opinion anyway.

And I don't really care whether you believe what I said or not. I'm not seeking your acceptance here anyway -- son.

jcollake
Former Member
Message 28 of 39

Jump to solution

Well, NoDus, your new entry into the community and sudden intereset in this particular subject sure does at least give me a giggle, son, lol.

AlphaCentauri
Former Member
Message 29 of 39

Jump to solution

LOL! I wondered what you were talking about!

I didn't bring up PEBundle, whatever that is. I just quoted your own post, as an example of how difficult it is to understand what you're trying to say when you post. And you've proved the point by misunderstanding your own post.

BTW, telling you to be careful crossing the road when you seem oblivious to traffic is not the same as threatening to have you run over.

And I'm not "watching you very closely." I found the Wilders thread while doing a Google search, trying to help you figure out where McAfee got the idea your site had a bad reputation. How do you think I found the mention on clean-mx.de?  You are so self-absorbed that it is beyond your comprehension that people might actually have wanted to help you without there being some conspiracy behind it. You ask for help here, then disparage those who have high post counts, claiming it proves they must be teenagers or losers who have no other employment. You manage to anger everyone who tries to help you, like a wounded animal striking out at anyone trying to rescue it.

Nodus
Contributor
Message 30 of 39

Jump to solution

jcollake wrote:

Well, NoDus, your new entry into the community and sudden intereset in this particular subject sure does at least give me a giggle, son, lol.

Well, I'm happy you're having fun. Your situation can't be that bad, after all.

What "sudden interest"? I have been reading these threads all the time trying to figure out what's happening. That I haven't posted much is called "keeping silent because you don't want to feed a troll". A principle I have now foolishly forgotten.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community