cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 39

Re: A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

I've read AlphaCentauri's posts if that's who you are referring to and he's trying to offer advice I believe.   Maybe a bit bluntly but nevertheless advice.   What he posts over at WOT has nothing to do with McAfee or this board.

I'm not 'kicking someone when he is down' by any means, just trying to point out that the behaviour of someone over at WOT has nothing to do with anyone here.    It's between you, that person and WOT.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit for punctuation errors on 04/03/11 11:48:42 EST AM
jcollake
Former Member
Message 12 of 39

A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

I also see my software has been submitted as a threat (from the Russian federation, lol): http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=50f9191be2cee8e8d0015a2c7480b0b5

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 39

A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

jcollake wrote:

HERE is what I would like from McAfee: Please explain again that it is not MY fault that pharmalert was banned, or that your policy was changed. You make your own decisions, certainly not dictated by me.

We can't discuss that publicly but if you want to PM tromine - who posted in your thread, I am sure he will explain.

Sorry I meant to add that earlier.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 39

Jump to solution

jcollake wrote:

I also see my software has been submitted as a threat (from the Russian federation, lol): http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=50f9191be2cee8e8d0015a2c7480b0b5

That has nothing to do this forum.

jcollake
Former Member
Message 15 of 39

Jump to solution

It is already over. These ever-so-ethical guys have 'won'.

jcollake
Former Member
Message 16 of 39

Jump to solution

And it does have something to do with it, in that a particular person is watching very closely. If I DARE complain, then the ETHICAL guardians escalate their attacks. So, like I said, it is already over. I am looking for work. I was just about to the point of hiring people, something we need. Oh well.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 39

Jump to solution

Well I'm not by any means an ethical guardian, simply trying to reduce our work load here, but I am sure you realise that noone here can control what someone does elsewhere.

jcollake
Former Member
Message 18 of 39

Jump to solution

The FBI can, I suppose. Or civil lawsuits. Yea, there I go again, having to invoke LAWS that we LIVE BY.

jcollake
Former Member
Message 19 of 39

Jump to solution

Of course, we must understand that many of these people clearly don't know what it is like 'in the real world' trying to support a family. They obviously have a lot of free times on their hands. What bothers me is just the ethical hypocracy.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 20 of 39

Re: A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

I hear you.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit - spelling on 04/03/11 12:43:59 EST PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community