cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcollake
Former Member
Message 1 of 39

A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do? This is because of the policy change and pharmalert ban. I guess he can not take it out on McAfee, so is taking it out on me ;o,

Already he has regurgitated long-dead resolved issues here to obfuscate any help at MyWOT, allowing an anonymous attack from unknown origin to continue.

Since his reputation is good, it is hard to say anything against him, except Power Corrupts.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcollake
Former Member
Message 36 of 39

Re: A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

Yes, say what you will about me. I am prone to 'conspiracy theories' when repeated accidents happen at odd times, making them statistically improbable. I now ACKNOWLEDGE this to be false, despite the coincidences leading to this plausible conclusion, which I always expressed as only plasuble because I had NO OTHER explanation. Yes, I certainly have freaked out when my integrity was attacked 3 times. I could have handled myself better. Sure.

However, I did not know that affected my web site rating?

I NEVER, at any point, said reveiewers were all teenagers -- far from it. NEVER did I say that ANYWERE. That is being taken out of context elsewhere to try to get reviewers against me, I assume. Look, hate me if you want to, but of all the scams, fraud, phishing, and other crap on the internet -- you would rate me as bad? Look, someone did immediately after that BAN, *that* person and ONLY that person was who I was talking about. THAT person.

Message was edited by: jcollake on 3/7/11 12:43:58 PM GMT-05:00

View solution in original post

38 Replies
Nodus
Contributor
Message 2 of 39

A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

And so that everyone can make his/her own judgement on this "attack" and "threat", let me link to the MyWOT thread where all this is allegedly happening:

http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/10096-what-happens-when-an-anonymous-enemy-attacks-your-domain

jcollake
Former Member
Message 3 of 39

Re: A prominent reviewer here is attacking me elsewhere, and threatens worse, what should I do?

Jump to solution

Well, I was fixed, then I became unfixed after their comments. The attack on the domain was clear, as it started on a domain not normally rated at a specific time, anonymously. It continues, though my users have battled me back into green. Still, this person is apparently out to 'complicate' my already heavily victimized site, and I can fight no more, so have no choice but to let it happen.

I would like to say:

1. I have always operated with the utmost integrity. Nobody has even questioned this.

2. Any problems have been due to false positives or other know false allegations

3. All criticisms of McAfee have been removed

4. I gave away most of my software, to be honest, I just wanted to contribute to society

And that is the end. The prominent reviewer knows who they are, and it is .. strange.. that these people who act so ethically that they JUDGE other sites act in such a manner.

UPDATE: By *attack* I mean come and cast-doubt on my domain after it was attacked, resulting in an UN-FIX. The person who did this is clearly listed, and a current high ranking reviewer here. They did this in retribution, as there is certainly no threat of any kind at my site, nor has there ever been.

Message was edited by: jcollake on 3/4/11 12:16:49 PM GMT-05:00
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 39

Jump to solution

You really shouldn't be discussing a problem with WOT here jcollake, whether or not it may or may not involve an ex-reviewer of SiteAdvisor.

None of us can discuss that matter for legal reasons.

jcollake
Former Member
Message 5 of 39

Jump to solution

It involes a CURRENT reviewer, to be clear. Anyway, I am out of business now, so have given up, like I said. THEY, this mysterious group, has made it clear they will take me down. I have no doubt of that.

jcollake
Former Member
Message 6 of 39

Jump to solution

Considering all the McAfee has put me through, with exams so close its unreal, and these false positives, I think I do have a right to discusss it here. After all, it is the problems here they are now using against me. Despite these problems being cleaned up, despite everything.. Well, pointless. It is clear. Some people have all the power. Others do not. This will make a good article on Wired maybe, the takeover of the internet by a group of self-appointed guardarians, lol.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 39

Jump to solution

If the person who is allegedly attacking you elsewhere is anonymous as you've said there is I am reading correctly how can you say it's a current reviewer?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 39

Jump to solution

Either way, it's nothing to do with McAfee or these forums what happens at myWOT Forums or anywhere else.  I sympathize obviously but it's unfair to involve people here.

jcollake
Former Member
Message 9 of 39

Jump to solution

The person who COMMENTED *after* the problems were fixed, resulting in an UNFIX --- IS a current reviewer, and you know who, unless he deleted all his posts after causing enough doubt to make my clear attack un-fixed. Needless to say, I simply don't have the energy to fight more, so he said whatever and unfixed my clear attack. The attacker is unknown, though again we have this EXXTREMELY coincidental timing, right after that reviewer was banned. So, go figure.

jcollake
Former Member
Message 10 of 39

Jump to solution

And talk about kicking someone when he is down, lol.

HERE is what I would like from McAfee: Please explain again that it is not MY fault that pharmalert was banned, or that your policy was changed. You make your own decisions, certainly not dictated by me.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community