cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bitpix
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

A customer site I manage www.comprecar.com.br reported that McAfee is validating the site as dangerous / infected. Was this a false positive?

A customer site I manage www.comprecar.com.br reported that McAfee is validating the site as dangerous / infected.

1. Was this a false positive?

2. how I could solve this problem, since I can not mirror that problem here in my agency?

3. is there anything wrong with this computer user who informed us about the message of McAfee? Since received over 40,000 visits / day and received only one user message.

I await a response as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

7 Replies
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: A customer site I manage www.comprecar.com.br reported that McAfee is validating the site as dangerous / infected. Was this a false positive?

Hello bitpix and welcome to the McAfee Community Forums!

Until some of our other knowledgeable members and Moderators can arrive to further review your post and provide their respective assistance, please have a look at the information provided at the following link:

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/57921?tstart=0

It explains how to contact the SiteAdvisor staff and also appeal your website's rating.

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 7/23/13 1:59:39 PM EDT
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Re: A customer site I manage www.comprecar.com.br reported that McAfee is validating the site as dangerous / infected. Was this a false positive?

The site's been Red since at least June 16th, classed as a Malicious Site.

http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/domain/default.aspx?domain=comprecar.com.br

I can't see any special reason for it, except the site may be over-using SEO techniques to get noticed. I mean, there's this innocent little website (http://www.listenarabic.com),  which says

ListenArabic.com is an Arabic online entertainment social website. On ListenArabic.com, people can listen to Arabic music radio, Arabic songs and watch Arabic music video clips, while reading the latest Arab entertainment news.

It has a special section for featured websites - basically, a site owner pays to advertise a site there. The section features Middle East hotels, satellite TV channels, holidays, just about anything an arabic-speaker might be interested in.

This is how it works -

ListenArabic.com Websites Directory provides you with the Top 1000000 sites in the world.

If you want to submit your website to ListenArabic.com Directory, send us an email to [email protected] with the title: Submit my Website.

You can submit as many websites as you want. Submit your website URL to our Arabic websites directory. You will be able to see your website listed among the featured websites category which is visible on many high traffic pages on ListenArabic.com. Additionally, you will have your own profile page in ListenArabic.com domain directory to help promote your site and thus helps generate traffic, and all this lies under creating a strong Internet presence.

And in that list I find a Portugese-language Brazilian website devoted to buying and selling cars.

http://www.listenarabic.com/www.comprecar.com.br

Title:  Carros Usados | Comprecar Carros
Description:  Buying and selling used cars is in Comprecar. In our classifieds you find the largest selection of used cars and other vehicles.

I suspect over-aggressive marketing may be behind the Red rating.

The site owner can contact SiteAdvisor/TrustedSource direct or go to the rating page and Request A Review.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 23/07/13 21:24:41 IST
bitpix
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

thanks for the analysis and information.

today I made a request for review through the url www.siteadvisor.com/sites and form userfeedback. Were these channels request?

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

bitpix wrote:

... Were these channels request?

Not sure I understand that.

You have, certainly, notified SiteAdvisor that they should look again at the rating, but if you want to correspond with them you will probably need to go TrustedSource (http://www.trustedsource.org/en/feedback/url) and create an account so you can receive a ticket number for the re-rating request.

bitpix
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

thanks for the answer and way ...

I did that and I hope for an answer is two days and am awaiting a response. My ticket id is # FGC-882-58794

thank you for your help

bitpix
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Could you help me to confirm if there was any solution to the problem of false positive comprecar.com.br? Ask revision on the date notified, but did not receive feedback. Could you help me or show me a way, please?

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 8

No, if you have a ticket from TrustedSource/SiteAdvisor it means they're dealing with it. There's nothing I can do to speed up the process, and there's no information I can discover that they don't already know. You just have to wait until they finish analysing your site. There are probably other sites in the queue ahead of yours, so it may take a while.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community