cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
genazz
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

when I get a notice to run a scan, it always keeps spinning and flashin "75% complete" indefinitely

when I get a notice (as a ! w/macfee logo), and click to "scan," the scan pops up "67% complete," or "75% complete, ' and keeps saying that indefinitely--it never reaches "scan complete"--is this a scam/phishing bug--each time I have to click cancel to stop it--what's going on?..when I click on my MacAfee Live Safe, all boxes are "Green,' I.E., ok@@

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: when I get a notice to run a scan, it always keeps spinning and flashin "75% complete" indefinitely

Moved this to VirusScan as it seems to be about that.  2 possibilities here:

1.  You may have inadvertently installed an optional piece of software called McAfee Security Scan Plus - it comes as an optional extra with such things as Adobe Reader, Flash etc.   it can be removed through Control Panel/Programs and Features.

2.  You have a scheduled scan setuop in your antivirus and it's getting stuck and there are 2 things that can be done.

The first is to read this FAQ.  The second is that a scan can trip up if your hard drive/SSD has drive-read errors on it so you need to do a chkdsk /r - if you don't know how tell me what Operating System this is please and I'll post a tutorial.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community