cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wb11
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

unresolved threat

After a scan I got a message about an unresolved threat. I searched through the forum pages to see if anybody else had dealt with something similar with their computer.

A few people had so I started trying the following solutions.

1. I toggled on to show Hidden Items and went to the temp folder to manually delete the file. But there's no file with this name. Since I was there I selected all the files and deleted the ones that windows would allow me to.
Then I restarted the computer and  ran another scan. The unresolved issue remains.

2. Ran the Windows virus scan. This scan didn't find any issues.

3. Downloaded and ran the McAfee Malware Cleaner. After the restart, did another virus scan, the unresolved issue remains.

Not sure what else to try. Hopefully somebody can suggest something.

I'm using Windows 10.  

Thank you.

main page.png

unresolved issue.png

2 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 3

Re: unresolved threat

Hello @wb11 

Greetings from McAfee.

Please contact our customer service using the link below to resolve the issue.

McAfee Chat Support

Greetings,
Krishnamanikandan KS

wb11
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: unresolved threat

just writing this for anybody that has something similar happen in the future.

I did contact customer service with the chat option.  I was helped very quickly, less than a minute for the rep to join the chat.  

So basically, here the deal....

"We apologize for the inconvenience caused, our engineering team is aware of this issue and is working to get it fixed at the earliest. You would receive callback when we have an update. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding."

The rep said to basically ignore the warning until they come up with a fix.  

Hope that helps anyone else.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community