cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diegogodet
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

udaterui.exe - Entry Point Not Found

I am getting this error everytime my PC boots up after logon. This error is also locking down my network connection and hangs up the PC.

The exact error is "udaterui.exe - Entry Point Not Found -

The procedure entry point  xsputn@?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traitis@D@std@@@std@@MAEHPBDH@Z">?xsputn@?$basic_streambuf@DU?$char_traitis@D@std@@@std@@MAEHPBDH@Z  could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCP71.dll. Any assistance in getting my PC back to normal would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Hayton - removing "mailto" html code from this post on 17/12/12 22:18:23 GMT
3 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: udaterui.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Your question has been posted in the Consumer section. Is your installation of McAfee also a Corporate or Enterprise one?

There's a thread in the Business section saying something similar (HERE). The advice there was -

reregister all the dlls in the common framework folder from the command prompt using the regsvr32 command

start

cmd

browse to folder

Regsvr32.exe *.dll

choose ok

Apart from "udaterui.exe", which is

... a Common User Interface from McAfee, Inc. belonging to McAfee Common Framework.

everything else in the message refers to non-McAfee programs. "xsputn" is C++ stream i/o, and msvcp71.dll is part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library.

diegogodet
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

This didnt do anything as the error did not go away and also when trying to update the regsvr32.exe i got the error (No DLL Name specfied)

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

when trying to update the regsvr32.exe i got the error (No DLL Name specfied)

You may not have been in the right location in the file system.

Again : what McAfee product have you got?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community