cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonaldAFisher
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

ti!3388A6FEEAF1 Malware Suspect

My McAfee application (LiveSafe) states that I have an unresolved threat as follows:

ti!3388A6FEEAF1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\BibUtils.dll

I have so far been unable to locate a removal tool or additional information on this malware suspect. I did download and run the McAfee Malware Cleaner (MMC) several times; however, although it did detect and delete seven other suspects, it did not detect this particular suspect.

I was also receiving two Adobe Acrobat error messages when logging into my computer. One was related to the BibUtils.dll file mentioned above, and the other was related to a BIB.dll file in the same location. I did uninstall Adobe Acrobat X (Acrobat 8 was not listed as an installed program); however, the suspected malware remains in my McAfee unresolved threats queue. The error messages during login no longer appear, but the files were still present; therefore, I proceeded to delete the Acrobat 8.0 and Acrobat 10 folders and then reinstalled Adobe Acrobat X. Adobe Acrobat X reinstalled successfully.

The BibUtils.dll and BIB.dll files no longer exist in the folder noted above; however, the unresolved threat still appears in my McAfee queue after completion of a new scan. What to do now?

5 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 6

Re: ti!3388A6FEEAF1 Malware Suspect

Hi @DonaldAFisher 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly check the private message for further details.

Regards,
Venkat

jmcorral68
Contributor II
Message 3 of 6

Can you make the answer public?

I have the same problem.

Thanks

Venkat_YM
Message 4 of 6

Hi @jmcorral68 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to let you know that one of the files from the system 32 which is getting quarantined and unable to delete the file. To rectify this issue, we require the details name of the file and location of the file. If you are having the same issue. Please respond to our private message with those details to help you further. 

Regards,
Venkat

jmcorral68
Contributor II
Message 5 of 6

No problem, I am grateful.

I am an ePO administrator and I was looking for information on the net about this file.

I have the same detection since a couple of weeks (GenericRXWI-NZ!B8A4F71E628D). In the last days the Threat Prevention False Positive Mitigation Program has allowed access to "bib.dll".

I just wanted to confirm that it is indeed a false positive.

Regards.
Chema.

Venkat_YM
Message 6 of 6

Hi @jmcorral68 

Greetings from McAfee.

Please find the below article to help you better. Let us know how it goes.

How to submit false positives to McAfee

Regards,
Venkat

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community