cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reallyticked
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

threat discovered during installation

I had to reinstall yesterday due to a bad update. During installation it stopped and said threat detected cannot complete installation. It then had a box next, when I clicked on it, it went back to installing. Now I seem to have an incomplete installation. I have a big red X on the security center and it says my computer and files are not protected. When I clicked on the fix button it said one or more problem require your response, Well DUH!!!!!
I thought if I ran a scan it might fix the problem, then I discover I CAN'T scan because that option doesn't exist.
Short of yet another uninstall is there any way to fix this?? I ran the VT and it said every thing was working fine, so much for that eh.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community