cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdz
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

spyware removal

I need help sorting a problem. When I go online a Rundhll32 pop up window appears with allow message. When I click on websites it takes me to different websites usually advertising something. My scans aren't picking anything up. McAfee think its probably spyware so not sure best way to remove it so any advice would be greatky appreciated

11 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 12

Re: spyware removal

Ok best to follow the below link and try the software mentioned there

If any give you a name post it here.

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

Use

Getsusp

Both stingers

Malwarebytes but do NOT use the registered version when it suggests you try it

Superantispyware

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 9/08/11 7:26:54 PM
sdz
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for advice - ran scans

Getsup found 2 suspicious files in iplayer and itunes doesn't really give any more info or what I should do

Superantispware found some tracking cookies and removed them nothing else

nothing else detected!!!

still getting the pop up window when online

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 12

OK first before I move this thread to the malware forum can you post a pic or what the popup says exactly?

hemantk
Former Member
Message 5 of 12

Hello sdz.

Can you please run Process Explorer & when you get Spyware PopUp Message do save the ProcessExplorer Logs & send It.

Also the PopUp Message Screen Shot .

sdz
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

P1050573.JPG

Hi Tony

Pop up above

Also I realised I hadnt ran the other fake stinger scan so tried to upload it but it couldnt upload. Then my computer went crazy and opened interent explorer about 16 times, they were all flashing and moving about. I had to shut my computer down to sort it.

thanks for your help

S

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 12

The popup is a IE protected mode warning

http://www.windowstipspage.com/2010/08/website-wants-to-open-web-content-using.html

Have you run the fake alert stinger yet? The redirects is my worry point. Did you use malwarebytes?

Also do what hemant above suggests

sdz
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

I've been looking on the internet and is it possible that I have a google redirect virus?

hemantk
Former Member
Message 9 of 12

Hello sdz..

Can i get Process Explorer Logs as i had requested in my last post.

sdz
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Hi

yes sorry I've had some difficulties with this as I'm not sure how to access the logs so my friend was going to help me this weekend.

I brought up task manager and listed all the processes but there was no way of saving it - so I assume it does this automatically?.

I'm at work at the moment so on a different PC, but if you can advise me where to find the logs, I will post it up for you later

thanks S

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community