cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 1 of 6

security center version 14.0.9029 changed scheduled scans

Both Windows 7 PCs were updated to Security Center 9029.   I had previously set scheduled scans for every Friday, at a fixed time.  After the update, the schedule was changed to every two weeks.  And when it did the scheduled scan, it was not a full scan.  Only about 10% of the files were scanned.

I changed the schedule back to every week, but I can find no way to ensure it will be a full scan.

Was this intentional?

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: security center version 14.0.9029 changed scheduled scans

I moved this to VirusScan as that's what it's about.

The first time you scan it always takes a long time but a scan  will be shorter as time goes along as it glosses over files that haven't changed since the last time.

As far as the schedule switch is concerned that's probably due to a major update resetting it back to default.

All I can say is sorry for the inconvenience.

quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 3 of 6

I could swear that scheduled scans have been full prior to this update.  I base this on the number of items reported scanned in the security report.  And the scan time had not gotten shorter over time.

But if that's how it is, then so be it.

I will continue to do manual full scans regularly anyway.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Well you could always run the Virtual Technician to make sure all is well, link below and further down that page

you'll see the contact button for Technical Support should you need them.

https://mvt.mcafee.com/

Bobcat
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

I'm seeing the same thing.  Scan schedule was changed and only about 1/10th the number of files are being scanning.  I wonder if changing the Real Time Scanning setting to Programs and Documents only then back to All Files would fix it.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Try it but I don't think this is abnormal as explained earlier.

If you are worried about it and running the Virtual Technician (suggested earlier) didn't help then open a case with Technical Support, its free and you can ask for excalation if it isn't fixed at first.

Contact Support

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community