Message 1 of 7

scheduled scan has stopped working again

Jump to solution

I am running McAfee Live Safe 

Version 1.16.194

Release 16.0 R116

Anti Virus Build 1.1.3105.0

Content Version 1732.0

I have unticked the box in general setting wait until my PC is idle to run scheduled tasks like scans and automatic updates makes no difference. not a major problem i just run a manual quick scans instead but given the cost of live safe it would be nice if McAfee could get their software to run as advertised.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
krishna55
Message 4 of 7

Re: scheduled scan has stopped working again

Jump to solution

Hello @christos 

Greetings from McAfee.

Please contact our customer service using the link below to resolve the issue.

McAfee Chat Support

Greetings,
Krishnamanikandan KS

View solution in original post

6 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @christos,

Greetings from McAfee.

Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the knowledge article by clicking on the link below.

Scheduled scans don't always start when scheduled

For additional support click on the link below

McAfee Chat Support

Greetings,
Krishnamanikandan KS

christos
Contributor III
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the prompt response

As i explained I have Deselected (unticked) the box in general setting wait until my PC is idle to run scheduled tasks like scans and automatic updates it makes no difference.

krishna55
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello @christos 

Greetings from McAfee.

Please contact our customer service using the link below to resolve the issue.

McAfee Chat Support

Greetings,
Krishnamanikandan KS

christos
Contributor III
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

1) Contacted tech support installed reinstalled scheduled scans not working.

2) matter escalated to tier 2 tech still could not get scheduled scans to run.

3) now problem is to be looked at and i will be kept informed.

Rob3434
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

I also have 2tier technical support looking into "Full Scan not completing". They have been at it for about a week now.

Windows 11 Pro. McAfee 1.16.194 Release name R16.0 R116 last update 8/4/24.

Does anyone else have this problem?

madehashah
Contributor II
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Subject: Re: Scheduled Scan Not Working in McAfee LiveSafe

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out regarding the issue with the scheduled scan in McAfee LiveSafe. I understand the frustration this may cause, and I apologize for any inconvenience experienced.

To address this matter, I recommend the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Verify Scheduled Scan Settings: Double-check the scheduled scan settings to ensure they are configured correctly. Ensure that the scan frequency, time, and scan type are set according to your preferences.

2. Check Idle Settings: Although you've unticked the box to wait until your PC is idle to run scheduled tasks, there might be other settings or conditions affecting the scans. Review all idle-related settings to ensure they align with your expectations.

3. Update McAfee Software: Ensure that your McAfee LiveSafe software is up to date. Sometimes, updating to the latest version can resolve issues related to scheduled scans not working properly.

4. Run McAfee Virtual Technician: McAfee provides a tool called McAfee Virtual Technician, which can automatically diagnose and fix many common issues. You can download and run it from the McAfee website to check for any potential problems with your McAfee software.

5. Contact McAfee Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, I recommend reaching out to McAfee customer support for further assistance. They can provide personalized troubleshooting and guide you through additional steps to resolve the issue.

I understand the importance of having your security software function as advertised, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. Please let me know if you need further assistance or if there's anything else I can do to help.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards, 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community