cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poodles5
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

scanning took 5 hours after update yesterday

I was updated yesterday to 11- no problems, tonight my scan is taking over 5 hours. Should I just wait and see if it straightens itself out or change a setting. Thanks poodles5

1 Reply
RunAmok
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: scanning took 5 hours after update yesterday

You're not alone....   Two weeks ago, a day after I received an 11.0.-560 update to Security Center and 15.0.288 to Virus Scan in McAfee Internet Security 2011, a full scan of my hard drive went from just over an hour to more than 4 hours on a PC that was otherwise idle with nothing showing on the task bar.  And it's stayed that way for two weeks.  Even the startup scan now runs half an hour instead of 5-10 minutes.  There have been no other changes (at least of that magnitude) on the PC, give or take some new (but small) files like pictures, email, etc.  MBAM continues to run in about the same elapsed times as it always has, so it seems to be directly related to the McAfee upgrade.  MVT, of course, does not find any problem....

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community