cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fourpaws10
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

scanning stuck @ 49% and still trying to scan

I have HP Pavilion Touchsmart 11-e-110nr with 64 bit operating system, windows 8.1.  The McAafee Internet Security was installed for me. Ever since I had this software, I have problems with the scanning feature.  When it gets to 99% it remains stuck and keep on scanning, won't complete.  I had contacted community for help and I was suggested to download the patch.  However that only seem to work short time.  Now it started up again bug this time stuck at 49% and it still trying to scan.  Is there a better patch to fix this problem....?  Right now I am not all that impress with McAfee Internet Security Software if this is the best they have.

Thanks

Teresa

8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: scanning stuck @ 49% and still trying to scan

Moved this to VirusScan as a better spot for it.   Try this FAQ and see if it helps: VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 9

I neglected to add that the fix in that FAQ will eventually filter through in an update, but when that will be we aren't sure.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

Hi Teresa,

It seems that I was the Moderator whom suggested you the Workaround, back on October 5/2014.

As Fellow Moderator Ex_Brit explained, the fix for this issue is being addressed.

Depending on how you obtained your subscription, can determine when you will be upgraded to the latest Version. ISP Providers and others seem to lag behind compared to, if you had purchased directly from McAfee.

May I ask if you have been upgraded to :  McAfee Security Center-13.6

McAfee Anti-Virus - 17.6

The FAQ Ex_Brit suggested should resolve your issue.

All the very Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 9

Thanks CD, I didn't realize that fourpaws10 had posted earlier on about the same issue.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 9

Hi

If the issue is not resolved post back the name of file that is Scanned. (Stuck at any %) Ensure that the location is available Eg. External Hard disk / Flash Drive / Network drive etc. Also large files save in Zip Archive , PST will take some time to scan.

fourpaws10
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Yes, I just check and now it has stop scanning... I have been updated to the new version Security Center 13.6;  Anti Virus 17.6 on Dec 24.  I had not yet had a chance to scan again. So hopefully this update fix the problem.

Thanks

Teresa

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

Thank you, it is good to know you have been updated to 13.6/17.6 If you can , Please kindly inform us if your scanning issue has been resolved. So as we will know if you need further assistance. Wishing you a Happy/Safe/and Prosperous New Year.

All the very Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community