cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lupetta
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

scanning stop at 98%

Good morning, and thanks in advance to anyone who could help me. I made a fast scanning on my pc but it remains always at 98% scanning the mcafee folder, there is no way to stop it, it stays there and the only way to finish it is to restart pc. Do you have some suggestions for me?

4 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: scanning stop at 98%

Moved from Support Forums to VirusScan >Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

THIS FAQ may help.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

​,

We experienced a similar issue in a Prior Version/Build back in 2014. There is a (FAQ) that we used to resolve it, not certain if it is still applicable since the software has changed since. VirusScan stops scanning at 98% or 99% complete ).

You can also try;

The next time if you wish to cancel a scan try right clicking the System Tray icon > Scan > Cancel. Post back the outcome.

Also if you still experience the same issue,You can contact Technical Support 24/7 at no cost. Via Phone/Online Chat being by far the quickest https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
varonica
Contributor II
Message 5 of 5

My Opinion is   that  to uninstall BTMcAfee/Netprotect and again install

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community