cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabea198
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

scan takes forever

Used to be a scan would take an hour, now it can go on indefinitely, I'm talking eight hours or more before I get fed up. I noticed the scan gets stuck after going through 97 objects and shows a weird folder location. It's c:\documents and settings\all users:\soluto\temp\shadow11\programdata   etc... I did have soluto on my laptop but removed it. Could this be a virus? How do I shorten down the scan time? Please help. Any advice is appreciated!

3 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: scan takes forever

As a start, search your disk for anything Soluto-related and delete those files and folders. The uninstall process doesn't seem to have been very thorough. Soluto provide the Soluto Uninstall Cleanup Tool  for certain types of uninstall problem : if you had problems removing Soluto check this page on their site -

https://support.soluto.com/entries/20233442-can-t-uninstall-soluto-or-the-uninstall-fails

McAfee scans tend to stick on certain types of compressed and zipped files, especially large ones. You may have a number of those in "shadow11\..."

You could also run McAfee's QuickClean to see what it thinks is worth deleting : it does a very cautious registry scan compared to most registry cleaners but might pick up a few problems there.

gabea198
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Well...I went to the link you provided, downloaded the clean up tool, went to click on the file to open it and nothing happens. Very strange indeed. As a test, tried updating ccleaner as it usually asks you to do the same thing and I got the same results. Tried Malware bytes and the same thing happened. Went to do a scan and the whole thing crashed. I think this is a virus of some kind. Going to try and do a few more things to get it to function normally then look into the Soluto clean up tool. Thanks.

roee_a
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hello gabea198,

We’re sorry to see you’re running into problems after using Soluto. I understand there are some leftover temporary Soluto files in your system that were not removed when you uninstalled Soluto, and these files are now interfering with McAfee’s virus scan. This “Soluto\temp” folder can be safely deleted – searching for Soluto on your PC will bring this file up, and allow you to delete it. 

I also understand you ran the uninstall tool which Hayton included in his reply. The uninstall tool works in the background with no user interface, at the end (after a couple of minutes) it shows a small balloon popup in the system tray – did you see this balloon popup? If not, the tool might not have worked properly and I suggest running it again and keeping an eye for the completion balloon.  The tool can be downloaded from Soluto's support website

You can check whether Soluto’s leftover files have been removed by navigating to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ApplicationData\Soluto\ folder on your PC.  The “temp” folder should now removed – if it is, Soluto has been completely uninstalled from your PC. 

If you have any questions or run into problems, please contact our support team at support@soluto.com and include Soluto’s log files from your PC to help us investigate (follow this how-to guide).

Roee

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community