cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hairyeyeball
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

scan freezes at 84%

Im using build 13.0.218 and everytime I run a scan (schedualed or manual) it lways stops at 84%
I have tried reinstalling it several times but still the same result.
Can anyone help with what could be wrong with it??
Thanks
Trevor
Labels (1)
7 Replies
matoor
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Same thing for me

I am having the exact same broblem & it freezes at either 33% or 29%. I have uninstalled & re-installed as well. This is on an XP Pro SP 3 brand new PC.

Mark
hairyeyeball
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

RE: Same thing for me

Im running xp sp3 to but was happening with sp2 as well.
I tried it again today and it got up to 88% then my 1 year old son turned my pc off at the plug socket!!!!! little bugger!!!! lol
Am just running another one now, will see how it goes because got some updates from mcafee last night.
Fingers crossed
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

Check you hard drive for errors. Go to Start/Run and enter cmd then click the Enter key.

Type in chkdsk /r (with the space) and hit the Enter key.

It will most likely refuse to run stating volume in use, try at reboot Y/N? type Y and hit the Enter key then exit and reboot.

In Vista do it in an elevated Command Prompt window. Instructions here: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...windows-vista/

Sometimes VirusScan will appear to freeze, especially at zipped/compressed files as it has to unpack each one before scanning can continue.

Failing that contact Technical Support chat, available 24/7 via the link at top left of this page or in my signature.
hairyeyeball
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

I'll give chkdsk a go... think I did that not so long ago with no change.
Its not because of any .rar or .zip files as it freezes for a long time (i'm talking hours! :eek: )
My scan is at 87% at the moment and looking OK so far.............. lol
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Let's hope it gets to 100% !!
hairyeyeball
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Seems to be ok now???? dont know what was going on with it cos wouldnt work for weeks and now it does? :confused:
Oh well.... just one of those mysterious things I suppose lol
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

RE: scan freezes at 84%

Glad it's OK now.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community