cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denisl
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

real time scanning won't stay on

I have been having this problem for weeks now...I tried a few things but nothing worked so far.

any suggestions please?

Message was edited by: denisl on 10/7/11 7:40:34 PM CDT
7 Replies
ajacobs
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: real time scanning won't stay on

Moved this from a private discussion to our VirusScan area for better attention.

vaultdwellnchic
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

I'm having the same issue. I'm so sick of McAfee. Bad enough that it slows my computer but now this...I'm gonna go shopping for a new company i think.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

You might want to open a case with Technical Support - either by online chat or telephone, both free, as staff are few and far between here today as it's a holiday.   Technical Support is linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

The only thing I can suggest for now is to run the McAfee Virtual Technician and see if it fixes anything.

denisl
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

I finally got the issue resolved with the McAfee Support Chat and Email after running the McAfee Virtual Technician.

Not impressed by the lenght of time it took but at least now it is fixed.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Glad you are OK now.    Let's hope either MVT or support can fix the other user's installation.   Help here was delayed because you apparently posted in a private area...not sure where or how.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/10/11 7:46:48 EDT PM
denisl
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Thanks Ex_Brit....

For thelenght of time I was not referring to here ...although I didn't find it easy to post a message here (in comparison to other similar community support for other software).

It took to the technician multiple trials and steps to fix the problem....after trying 3 different things, we finally uninstalled and re-installed.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Ah, I understand.   There are so many reasons why the settings change themselves that it often takes a few hits and misses to pinpoint the problem.

Thanks for letting us know and all the best.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community