Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 13

RE: Error with update

Check for infections using the free versions of both these tools and let them clean whatever they find:

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
reallyticked
Former Member
Message 12 of 13

Ran scan for any malware, nothing showed up. I had this problem the last time I had to uninstall and reinstall. The problem is with the download manager. I cleared my temp files and have gone thru this process 5 times now.

McAfee is presumptuous to think people get to use their computers every single day to update. Miss one and your are screwed. I get this same problem EVERY time I don't get to use my computer for a few days. I've was in the hospital for a couple of days, that's all it took to put me in this mess again.
I'm seriously shopping for a better virus program.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 13

I don't understand why a few days should make any difference. It should just update normally once the machine is on again. I was recently away for nearly 5 weeks and my machine wasn't turned on the whole time. It updated without a problem in both of the XP and the Vista boots.

The problem may lie with your ISP and the connection type/quality/reliability etc.

This is only my own experience of course, but a few days should not cause any issues.

Regarding Tech. Support I know sometimes it can be very frustrating but the next time it may prove to be very helpful. At least there the issue can be escalated on request.

If you want to try another brand, then that is your prerogative of course.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community