Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 14

Re: phantom mcafee updates prevent running scans

As my Colleague Peacekeeper said,it is recommended that you keep the Realtime Scanning module  for Malwarebytes disabled. As running 2 of them can indeed cause conflicts/clashes.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
nesbitt47
Former Member
Message 12 of 14

I run Windows 7 and the full scan I used to use ran for 24 hours+ to  fully scan. Now the full scan option has disappeared and I can only run a quick scan of 10 to 15 seconds. Can you help?

Martin Nesbitt

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 14

Please refer to this discussion from the Product Manager to explain the Next Generation Scanning engine.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 14

Also 15 secs is a tad fast quick scan takes 10+ minutes and there is a full scan but scans only files that can carry a payload ie on my PC around 12% of total files on all drives. In Virus and spyware protection there are quick and the new full scan option and the scheduled scan is in navigation. At least so in the old interface (green). Scheduled scan uses a quick scan.

This also explains some changes

FAQ Changes to new LAM version 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community