cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmichae3
Contributor
Message 1 of 1

online backup causes virusscan to not work

the issue is given in detail at http://jesusnjim.com/pc-repair/product-removal/remove-mcafee-online-backup.html

and has been happening for years.

please fix. I always avoid installing online backup because it stops the realtime scanner. if you start it again, it immediately stops it.

I would appreciate it if this would be either fixed, or the online backup removed, or something done.

I personally have no need for a 2GB cloud backup since my documents on my machine is 148GB.  maybe the overage is causing the breakage?

thanks guys, much appreciated.

I think fixing this would give mcafee higher ratings and review rakings, it might have been because of this that Comcast switched to Norton...? don't know.

a user just wrote into me and reported that this page of mine fixed the problem.

the symptom is,no matter how many times (with earlier versions of mcafee) I tried to uninstall and reinstall mcafee, with or without online backup, or try to uninstall online backup, the installer/uninstaller would not do the job.

this however may not be the case today, but the online backup is still causing a problem, at least for some folks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community