cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psychiatr
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

old Program take 2 to 5 minute to start when McAfee Security Center is Running

There are no errors or virus reported (nor any reference to this program on any of the Logs), the program Renamev1.2.15 from webxpace.com (and all other prior version i have installed), When I double click on the program and take 2 to 5 minutes to start, if while I'm waiting for it to load I can stop the Real Time Scan and it would load immediately, or I can turn the Real Time Scan OFF and then run the program and it will start immediately, if I remove and install McAfee the problem goes away till the next schedule scan and then the problem returns. I can't be re-installing McAfee every week to fix this issue. I need a way for this program to work without my interaction with McAfee, this is been happening for 2 years now. (Your Tech support recommendationis been to reset or re-install McAfee... not a real solution) Thank you.

My Software

Windows Vista SP2 and Windows 7 Pro SP1

McAfee SecurityCenter

Version 11.0

Build 11.0.669

Affld 105

Last update 4/24/2012

McAfee VirusScan

Version 15.0

Build 15.0.300

Last Update 6/7/2012

DAT 6735

Issue software

Rename v1.2.15 from webxpace.com

(Free ware) not longer available.

Message was edited  on 6/8/12 4:30:53 PM CDT
5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: old Program take 2 to 5 minute to start when McAfee Security Center is Running

Have you tried updating the software to the latest version 1.2.2.3?  According to this page the software is alive and well & still free on webxpace's page:  http://www.webxpace.net/index.php?do=freeware

If a file is being misidentified by the software as a possible threat there are some things you can do, see this page:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Also make sure the software has full permission in the firewall.  Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter.  Click Web and Email Protection to expand.  Click Firewall.  Click Internet Connestions for Programs. Click Programs at the top to rearrange them in order.   You can add and edit settings there.

Try that and if the condition continues call Technical Support directly, it's a free phone call and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page, or you can use the onle chat on the same page.

psychiatr
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Re: old Program take 2 to 5 minute to start when McAfee Security Center is Running

Thanks for the response, I update to the latest version and the problem is still there!, note that the McAfee is NOT detecting anything wrong and is NOT stopping the program from starting, is just creates a long delay (2 to 5 minutes) with NO report or log or MSG of any kind, I even have an add-ons installed in Windows Explorer that is now been delay by McAfee as well (QTTabBar), now when I lunch explorer with the McAfee on it take 15 seconds for the explorer windows to open (with McAfee off there is no delay). But I you can imaging without any MSG from the program I had to spent a lot of time trying to find out what is wrong with my computer, time better spend doing actual work!.

If the McAfee where to say of show what is doing and allow me to take an action, this wouldn't be an issue. Maybe McAfee is connecting to the Internet to get to your servers and accessing some kind of database to look for this unknown software every time I run then!, once McAfee lets the program run once, why not make a note so next time it knows! OK I know I'm rambling :-), but I can even tell you how frustrating this is. There are probably thousands is not millions of McAfee users suffering from t he same issue and not even knowing that issue is your software.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

It should remember, but occasionally you have to act as per the links I posted.

psychiatr
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

I got an Automatic update from McAfee A few days ago and the problem went away... I got another update today and the problem is back!! Can someone please tell my what to do...

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Contact Technical Support, it's a free phone call.   Linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community