cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowman17
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

new DAT file?

I have yet to have a new DAT file download and install on my computer today, Friday Jan 29th.

When I run an update check it tells me that my programs are up to date.

the latest DAT on my computer is 5875 installed Thursday afternoon.

Is this a problem I should be worried about?  Or has McAfee simply not put a new DAT out on the servers.

I am on the east coast of the USA.  It seems that the DAT is put out at different times each day.

Have others not yet had a new DAT install today either?

3 Replies
snowman17
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: new DAT file?

DAT5876 just installed on my computer.

I find it annoying that the updates are put out at different times every day.

It would be easier if they were put out on the servers at a consistant time each day.

But I am grateful that the updates are occuring each day.

MaineNightOwl
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

good afternoon from captain Ralph in portland,maine on cascobay. its friday afternoon/ early evening jan 29,2010. my mcafee security center just updated virus definitons and dat. says: last update 1/29/2010 dat version 5876.000 dat creation date 1/29/2010 , engine version 5301.4018 . i'm assuming this is a correct update or is mcafee having issues with the dats again ? could someone please reply back to captain Ralph at your convienence and let me know one way or the other. it would be greatly appreciated. i hope you're all having a good evening tonite.

take care,

Captain Ralph

BigJ
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

MaineNightOwl wrote:

good afternoon from captain Ralph in portland,maine on cascobay. its friday afternoon/ early evening jan 29,2010. my mcafee security center just updated virus definitons and dat. says: last update 1/29/2010 dat version 5876.000 dat creation date 1/29/2010 , engine version 5301.4018 . i'm assuming this is a correct update or is mcafee having issues with the dats again ? could someone please reply back to captain Ralph at your convienence and let me know one way or the other. it would be greatly appreciated. i hope you're all having a good evening tonite.

take care,

Captain Ralph

Yes Captain Ralph dat 5876 is the latest dat update for 1-29-10.

Jerry

Message was edited by: BigJ on 1/29/10 4:34:28 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community