Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dinz
Former Member
Message 11 of 13

Re: msctrl32.exe

Jump to solution

Hi djnick,

Glad that your ok now and thanks for sharing the thought . Moreover, removing any files from C:/windows should be done carefully as the system important boot files are present inside it.

Thanks,
Dinesh K

djnick
Former Member
Message 12 of 13

Jump to solution

...welll it is NOT that easy as I think. They are more clever than I thought.

This morning it got back, even yesterday after several reboots it didn`t appear.

Virus is called SpyEraser, like commercial version of this software.

Now I think I will search internet about msctrl32.exe and read more carefully how to remove it. So you can simply ignore my post abut fixing my PC from this virus

SeanMc98
Contributor III
Message 13 of 13

Jump to solution

Did you run Malwarebytes "AntiMalware" ?  Read this entire thread, as the OP (original poster) had this problem, and ran Malwarebytes "AntiMalware", which found more than the single item you deleted.

"Spy Eraser 2" is one of the forms of malware that hooks itself into shutdown processing, ensuring reincarnation (by re-infection) and that simple removal attempts will not prevent its recurrence.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community