Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rb78
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

mciptshm.dll

Jump to solution

Hi,

McAfee has found a trojan (Artemis!.....etc) in one of its own files (MCIPTSHM.DLL). Now McAfee still works (after putting the file in quarantine), and searching for the file on internet didn't reveal any suspected problems. Anybody else has a similar experience with this file? (Virusscan 15.0.300 datfile 6696). What properties should this file (size, date, etc) have?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Re: mciptshm.dll

Jump to solution

We have reproduced this issue and made the necessary changes in the database to prevent future detections of this file. Please let me know if you are still having any issues.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Could you please let us know the version of your McAfee Virus scan version & DAT.

My bad , Just noticed the versions . . .This has been reported to the concerned team & we shall get back to you asap

Thanks,

Message was edited by: Dinz on 4/30/12 2:04:46 PM GMT-06:00
dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

We have reproduced this issue and made the necessary changes in the database to prevent future detections of this file. Please let me know if you are still having any issues.

Regards,

kramretsel75
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. First I got a popup message from Mcafee AntiVirus that my system is at risk then did a FULL scan of my PC and found Artemis!226F985A2463(Trojan) but it cannot be removed. What's happening?

Please help.

Thanks.

vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Are you sure its the very same file?-- the detection name is generic(system generated algorithm) do not go by that.... just right click McAfee icon on taskbar and update..

Once done. restart your computer.. and rescan the PC.. get the exact file name and path along with the detection name in the next post.

rb78
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

I see the file back in the directory again and virusscan works as expected. So this looks solved, thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community