Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EMJB
Contributor II
Message 1 of 8

kakstitotako.com

Jump to solution

Whenever I run Microsoft Edge on Windows 10, I get a series of virus related notifications associated with the above web site. These include McAfee sub renewal requests, Norton sub renewal requests, and infection warnings.

I have run a McAfee quick scan and Windows sfc, and rebooted, but the problem remains. 

Help please! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EMJB
Contributor II
Message 8 of 8

Re: kakstitotako.com

Jump to solution

I had tried the McAfee "remove trackers" feature, but tried again to make sure and the problem remained.

However as you identified the problem as cookie related,  I have removed the offending cookie "manually", and blocked further cookies from that site, and all appears to be OK now. Many thanks for your help.

EMJB

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @EMJB 

Please share us a screen shot of the notification that you have received and also share us the URL of website to assist you further.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

EMJB
Contributor II
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for quick response.

The problem does not appear to be related to any particular site, though I first noticed it with www.bbc.co.uk. Screenshot of notification window attached  - it includes as link to a news item on the BBC site which I had not seen earlier.

EMJB
Contributor II
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Oops - attachment seems to have been lost - trying again!

EMJB
Contributor II
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Tried again!virus.jpg

EMJB
Contributor II
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Have just completed a full scan with McAfee - no problems reported.

Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @EMJB 

This is just a browser notifications or fake alerts that come from browsers. Please clear the cookies and cache from all browsers using  tracker remover and check if the issue persists.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

EMJB
Contributor II
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

I had tried the McAfee "remove trackers" feature, but tried again to make sure and the problem remained.

However as you identified the problem as cookie related,  I have removed the offending cookie "manually", and blocked further cookies from that site, and all appears to be OK now. Many thanks for your help.

EMJB

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community