cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
av4me
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

how to deactivate when I can't uninstall due to disk failure

How do I deactivate my AntiVirus Plus 2010 product without uninstalling?

The disk on which this was installed has crashed and I can't run uninstall.

Thanks.

5 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: how to deactivate when I can't uninstall due to disk failure

The only way I know of deactivating this is to uninstall via Add/Remove programs and reboot, then run the MCPR removal tool found at the top of this page under Useful Links and reboot again.

Message was edited by: k3tg on 4/14/10 3:54:14 PM CDT
av4me
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

No, I don't have an operating system on the disk any more, so there is nothing to "Remove Programs" with.

I'm stuck in limbo with McAfee's activation server thinking I have a working install when I actually don't.

I need someone at McAfee to flip a switch in my account to make that software deactivated so I can install it again on my new disk.

Please tell me I'm not the first person this has happened to...

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Since you’r McAfee programs are already been activated /registered , you could install it later on, when you get the Operating system installed .

Regards,

Dinesh K

metamorphysical
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

I have the same problem, I have already installed it back on the laptop it was originally on but it says 3 user accounts are used already.  It won't let me put it back on the same laptop that the drive crashed in.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 6

Contact customer service from the useful  links tab above and get them to fix this.

Actually what does your account say does it give you the option to disable/remove a PC from the list. I seem to remember it should.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 21/11/10 7:54:32 PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community