cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_175025
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

how can i add items to trusted list in mcafee??

hi

i am new to this forum . i have mcafee installed with a validation period of 15months in my new dell laptop. i had encountered a problem with it recently. mcafee is quarantining fifa14v3.exe file every time i run the application or opening it. so i have to manually disable it and restore it inorder to play the game. when i want to send for validation it is showing."The item is too large to be sent to mcafee" so how can i validate it under trusted list...

sorry for my bad english....

Thanking you

cheers

K.H.B

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: how can i add items to trusted list in mcafee??

You cannot put it in a trusted list Mcafee alone does this and only for PUPs or Potenially unwanted programs where it gives you the option. This detection I assume is not a pup so till Mcafee adds exceprions to their real time scanner (this is coming hopefully in2014 the only fix is to submit the file. What size is it?

I might be able to get a lab tech to help you but I need teh size to think about how to get it to him.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

Community Interface usn't for product help, I have moved this to VirusScan for filing.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/01/14 11:16:19 EST AM
user_118535
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi Harish,

Can you please check if fifav14.exe is a legitimate file? I guess this is a crack and normally such files are malicious. That might be the reason why the file is quarantined by McAfee.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community