cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigtruckinchef
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

help with virusscan 13.15.113

i am having trouble with this since about 28th or so. virtual technician was no help but did offer a report. anybody have any ideas? thanks

3 Replies
sniper1
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: help with virusscan 13.15.113

Also need help.  VirusScan 13.15.113 Scan failed error 2147467259.  Last time it worked was the 12.29.09  Ran virtual technician and it could not fix, stated service not running Session ID 23168890.  Have not downloaded, installed or changed anything on my computer.  Have duplicate computer with McAfee in other room that is working fine.  Can't figure it out.  Used one of the replys using MS hotfixes and that just confused me more.  Sniper 1

bigtruckinchef
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

hey sniper

found my problem. i went to mcafee site and used their software removal tool. then reinstalled security suite, at first it didnt fix it...but then when it updated itself the problem was solved. windows uninstall was no help..also dont let the auto deleter built into  virusscan do the removal for you. you must use the seperate software removal tool from mcaffee. hope this helps.it fixed my problem.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi Sniper 1,

Could you please provide the following information;

1. What is the version of you internet explorer?

To find out - (Click help - click about internet explorer)

2.The version of virus scan  DAT version , engine version ?

3 Also check whether there exists any other security software remnant in C:/program files and common files.

Regards,

Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community