Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murrayac
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

full scan error

Jump to solution

Hi,

I keep trying to run a full scan, but keep recieving error message: 'An unexpected problem occured during your scan' and says to go back to homepage to try again, but everytime i try again i get the same error. It also says real time scanning is off, and computer is at risk, and i can't seem to switch this on. Any one else had this problem and how to fix it? I am using windows 7 and have Mcafee total protection.

Thanks in advance

Angela

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ConorD62
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: full scan error

Jump to solution

Hi,

Run the McAfee Virtual Technician from HERE.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ConorD62
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi,

Run the McAfee Virtual Technician from HERE.

Thanks.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi Angela,

If at all the Real tine scanner is not turned on; you wont be able to initiate a scan in McAfee. So we will have to enable Real time scanner - To do that please run McAfee virtual technician from here : http://mvt.mcafee.com  which is an automated tool that would diagnose and fix any problem with McAfee. Do remember to post your session id .

If the real time scanner is stil disabled, please let us some of the below information ;

What is the operating system of the computer ?
Do you use any other security  software in teh machine ?
Did you perform any system restore in the machine ?

Do you have any virus pop ups/alerts in the machine

Please update us on the status and we will help you proceed further witht this.

Thanks,

major_tom
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi Angela

I am also having the same problem but on a Windows XP machine. Prior to my problem I regularly get Mcafee updates and run full scans no problem. Last Sunday I was the victim of a virus which prevented any user action after boot up. Mcafee did not appear to stop it infecting my pc in the first place (I am surprised). I rebooted in safe mode and eventually removed the virus using another (free download) antivirus package. I can now do a normal reboot but the Mcafee full scan consistently fails (quick scan is ok). I ran virtual technician but it was clean. I suspect that there is a conflict between Mcafee and the new installed package (see doc id TS100903). My dilemma appears to be that my new antivirus package works, where Mcafee does not. Do I renew my subscription next time?

Not much help but you are not alone.

Chris.

PS Correct doc ref is TS100376

Message was edited by: major_tom on 02/03/11 06:19:28 CST
murrayac
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi,

Running the virtual technician did the job and fixed it! Thanks to everyone for their help!

Angela

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community