When will be the engine 5500?

Forospyware Warrior
8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: engine 5500

They don't tell us these things so it will happen eventually.   I believe that it's being tested.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/04/12 6:02:24 EDT AM
lakshmanans
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Hi miguelgrado,

5500 Anti-Virus Scanning Engine is RTW to Consumer
From March 21st, 2012; the 5500 Engine will be deployed to Consumer Windows products in phases. The 5500 Engine is expected to automatically replace the current 5400 anti-malware Engine.

What is new in the 5500 Engine?
The following changes apply:

• Performance enhancements to Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions scanning
  • File decomposition support for RedHat Package Manager (.rpm) file format
  • New platforms supported: HP-UX Itanium 11.2 and 11.3
  • End of Life platforms: Mac OSX 10.2.8, 10.3.9, Novell NetWare & Microsoft Windows NT4

When will the 5500 Engine be Released to =World (RTW) for Enterprise?

Until recently, RTW (Elective Download) was scheduled for March 2012. However, internal testing within McAfee helped to identify potential corporate customer field issues before we released the 5500 Engine to customers. The 5500 Engine will now be delivered to Enterprise customers in a phased rollout until these issues are resolved. Pending this, it will be removed from the corporate beta download site. An updated release date will be communicated as soon as practical.

The definitive development and launch schedule is not currently available, this article will be updated as soon as that information becomes available:

The RTW for the elective download

To be announced

The RTW for the AutoUpdate

To be announced

Pls ref the KB article

https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/article.aspx?page=content&id=KB66741

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Hi Lakshmanan,

Is this applicable for Home and Small Office or Enterprise?

lakshmanans
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Hi Jayadeep,

Sorry i have no idea about the home and samll office products

i haven't seen anywhere that the engine 5500 will support the home and small office may be some others will post correct answer

Does the engine 5500 will support Home and small office produtcs ?

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Because the latest McAfee Engine version is 5400 and as Peter told, it may be on queue

engine.jpg

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

Our Consumer Beta utilizes a completely different engine (1100+) which even works differently so I can't enlighten anyone there I'm afraid.   There is a private group in the forums specifically for this 5500 engine and it is attached to the Enterprise community, therefore I don't think we as consumers will be seeing it.

I will ask the question at our weekly Conference Call with McAfee this afternoon at 4pm EDT and will get back to you..

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/04/12 11:17:22 EDT AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 9

Eventually the versions that are in use in the Beta testing programme will update to that engine, however, that doesn't mean that updates will be able to be installed manually from the McAfee Download page (SDAT etc) because it works differently.

That situation may change with time.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

By manual update I don't mean the right-click check for update - that will work.  I meant this:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2155

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community