cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowman17
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

dat file issue

i ran a update check this morning and was expecting dat 6061 to install on my computer.  instead the message 'your programs are up to date " appeared.

I ran MVT and it said my dat file was out of date and should have 6061.

I still have 6060 from 7/31.

Is there anyone else who has not received dat 6061?

Could there be a server problem?

Should I worry about this?

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: dat file issue

I got 6061 rather late yesterday so it is most likely server issues which seem to happen with rather annoying regularity.    Have you tried updating again?  (Right-click icon and Check for Updates).

snowman17
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I just tried running an update again.  It again said that my programs are up to date.

The MVT only states that my DAT is out of date.  It is finding no other problems with my McAfee programs.  I understand that the MVT only can tell a user if the DAT is out of date and that it doesn't have the ability to tell if the server is down or if a DAT has been pulled for some reason.  I also ran a scan this morning and it came back clean with no issues found.

I do not want to contact a McAfee tech person either via chatroom or by phone because I do not feel that the problem is on my end.

I have done that in the past and after resetting my internet explorer and applying a patch the update still does not happen at which point they then inform me that there must be server problems and to be patient.  And I certainly do not feel the need to do an uninstall and reinstall.

The security center on my computer says that my computer is secure and no action is required.

So to repeat myself I do not think the problem is on my end.  I just hate it when this stuff happens becuase I always wonder if it is only me experiencing this problem.

Since there is a track record of server issues in the past I will go with the assumption that that is the problem again this time.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

If everything indicates things are OK I wouldn't panic but just wait and see what happens.  This sort of thing is not uncommon.

It would be interesting to see if others are getting the same.

snowman17
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

That is why I started this post, to see if anyone else is without 6061.

I always feel better to know that it is not just me.

I do not keep my computer on all the time.

I only go on once or twice a day normally and when I do that is when I run an update check.

Normally I get the previous days dat file downloaded and installed each morning.

So I guess I am dependent that the server is up and running at the time I do the checking.

As I said considering the security center says I am secure and I know that there is a track record of server problems I am not too concerned, more annoyed at this point.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

OK, good luck.

snowman17
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I just tried an update check and dat 6061 just downloaded and installed.  I guess the server is back up.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

That's good and yes, that particular server must have had problems.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community