cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hopeless1
Former Member
Message 1 of 14

dat 5604?

Expected dat 5604 on Sunday, but I'm still only showing dat 5603 now on Monday.
Tags (1)
13 Replies
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 2 of 14

RE: dat 5604?

That's not unusual, most probably a server issue. Just have a little patience.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 14

They sometimes withdraw DAT's for whatever reason, that could be what's happened here.
hopeless1
Former Member
Message 4 of 14

dat 5604?

Thanks to you both for your timely replies.

Will wait it out as suggested.

It would be nice to see a listing of withdrawn dats posted on a web page, then worry warts like me could stop giving themselves ulcers.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 14

I agree, but getting Avert to clean up their act is like pulling teeth out of a conscious hippopotamus, if you get my drift.
hopeless1
Former Member
Message 6 of 14

Finally got an update. It was dat 5605 dated 5-4-09. Never did get dat 5604.
BigJ
Former Member
Message 7 of 14

I have seen you state that many times but if there is something wrong with the dat file why are they still always on download page for corporate users? It is after 8:30 pm sunday and still only have fridays 5609 dat. 5611 is still on corporate download page so if something is wrong it should not be there either.
Jerry
PS 5610 dat for saturday was never off the dowmload page either.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 14

I have no idea. They don't ever tell us why they behave this way. That download page is for the Enterprise product, which is a totally different application.
yhjeh
Former Member
Message 9 of 14

Old DAT-file

I've still got DAT-file 5609 from May 8th on both my computers (Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP), while my McAfee software tells me it has searched for updates on May 11th.

According to this website http://vil.nai.com/vil/DATReadme.aspx McAfee has already released DAT-file 5611 on May 10th.

Is there something wrong with the updating-process on my computer (again)? Or is McAfee just really slow in spreading the DAT-files on all the servers around the world?

Security Center: 9.3
Build: 9.3.151
Last update: 17-4-2009

Virusscan: 13.3
Build: 13.3.127
Update: 8-5-2009
DAT-version: 5609.0000
DAT-creation date: 8-5-2009
Engine version: 5301.4018

Update check: 11-5-2009
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 14

RE: Old DAT-file

Once again with feeling...that web page is for Enterprise customers, not home users.

No there is nothing wrong. Auto-updating happens when it happens. If a DAT is missed out, then it's missed out. They don't give us reasons.

It will update when it's ready to and when the servers are loaded with the new DAT, whatever number it is.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community