cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poodles5
Former Member
Message 1 of 13

cannot get automatic scanning to work

Yesterday  re installed and I cannot get automatic scan to work, I want a daily scan at 8 am, did not come on and run, tried changing time 3 times, still no go- running xp , sp3-

12 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 13

Re: cannot get automatic scanning to work

Hi,

Can you please check if the McAfee is up to date? If not just open the McAfee security center and click on update. Check if we can schedule a scan. If not, let us know the version of DAT installed in the machine.[Open My Computer and navigate to C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\DAT]

poodles5
Former Member
Message 3 of 13

Data file 5959.0   everything is up to date- ran manual scan- no problems, even had virtual tech check me-

poodles5
Former Member
Message 4 of 13

DAT version 5959.0- ran manual scan was ok, even ran virtual tech- no problems

BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 5 of 13

Great,

Please monitor you product for couple of days and update us on the status.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 13

Hi ,

May I know what is the operating system in the computer
Also , do you have any other security software in the computer ?

Regards,
Dinesh K

poodles5
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

running windows xp media center, sp 3- security program extra AppRanger 2.2.1.1 and also WinPatrol Plus, everything running ok until I downloaded new version from site yesterday.

morgata
Former Member
Message 8 of 13

I am having a similar problem but I am running Windows Vista and my scan continues to shutdown stating I am not protected. This has been going on for three weeks now. I removed and reinstalled McAfee and nothing is working. I looked at the dat file and it states 5960 so I am at a loss. There is instructions on how to fix Windows XP but nothing for my system. Is there anyone having this issue?

poodles5
Former Member
Message 9 of 13

Try what I did yesterday , re install entire  Total protection-at least that way you will update your data file, I can run a total manual scan and I am up to date until they fix this clitch-

morgata
Former Member
Message 10 of 13

Thank you but I tried that last week and it did not work. Do you think I should try again?  I attached the message I keep getting before McAfee shuts down. It happens every few minutes. This morning when I got up the whole computer was locked up and I rebooted but the message continued. Any help is greatly appreciated!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community