can not get a complete virus scan

mcafee scans stops at 70%
4 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

RE: can not get a complete virus scan

Hi,
It would be great if you can provide the information regarding the McAfee product installed in your system and clarify

What is the version of OS (Operating system) you use?
What is the version of internet explorer (IE) you use?
Did you made any recent changes to the computer?
Did you have any issue with pop-ups or advertisement?
pmakrevah
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

virus scan stops at 70%.attention bala

my os is windows vista sp2.home premium.internet version is 8.no recent changes to my pc other then buying mcafee total protection 2009 from wal-mart,already had free mcafee when i bought pc from dell.my pop up blocker is working fine always get a notice when one is block.the only ads i get are the ones on yahoos home page.my pc is a 64 bit version
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

RE: virus scan stops at 70%.attention bala

Hi
How old is the computer?
Perform the disk defrag and disk cleanup in the system?
Steps
Try to run the free versions of Malware removal tool: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php clean anything it detected.
You can run the MVT and post the Session ID {http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/default.asp} here let me review and we will update you…
Angus7
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

RE: virus scan stops at 70%.attention bala

I would also recommend running some of the free malware or spyware tools to see if there's a threat on your pc that is responsible for the stop of the virus scan. Another possiblity is that a drive can't be scanned because of damage - that would be a big problem.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community