cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bugg
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

big problem with total protection with xp sp3

following problem "real-time analysis disabled"  I uninstaled mcafee, run MCPR , again, installed mcafee, and then blue screen with error 0x050, run again MCPR, restoration, then error with connection, then again MCPR and now "incomplète installation ! unable to fully execute use virtual technician but it's the same problem"

i have xp sp3 update,  and total protection  (my customers too)

is it the same problem that 3 years ago and tell to my customers not to use mcafee to make a lot of mistake !

teh rapport of vitual tecnican :

erreur bis mcafee mvt.png

can you help me please ?

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: big problem with total protection with xp sp3

Real-time scanning diabled can be caused by a number of things not least of all would be an infection.  Check Stinger and Malwarebytes Free, both in the last link in my signature.   It could also be caused by competing software, is there any?

You could also try again with the Virtual Technician by downloading it from its main server (uninstall any previous version  via Control Panel/Add or Remove):  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

If that fails to help then contact Technical Support tomorrow.  It''s free by phone (this was not the case 3 years ago) as well as online chat.  They are available Monday to Friday 0900-1800.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/01/13 9:34:24 EST AM
bugg
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Solved !

First , thanks to Ex_Brit,    even it didn't work

For those who have the same problem,, il it can help,

I restored to the Tuesday 08 january 2013, at 06:01 before the update of my network card (nvidia), perharps a track with the network card ?

then I found again my Mcafee, I refused to install windows update, everything seems ok, then a new update for mcafee, and ...

I don't have any more connection

then I used the path standalone 60...., then I find again the connection, but ...

a new update for mcafee and then  "real-time protection disabled"

I put the the windows firewall then i apply the patch "oas...cmd" and reboot

then, mcafee is finally happy ! and then I apply windows update and all is OK !

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

You lost me at....

path standalone 60...., then I find again the connection, but ...

a new update for mcafee and then  "real-time protection disabled"

I put the the windows firewall then i apply the patch "oas...cmd" and reboot

I have no idea what you just did, but if it worked then fine.   Don't refuse Windows Updates, they are vital.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Error code 0x50 is "PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA" which according to Microsoft can be caused by a conflict with drivers, especially display adapter drivers. I notice the poster has a Nvidia network card, perhaps there may be a connection.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Thanks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community