Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stella42
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

antivirus plus 2011 cannot scan

My version is antivirus plus 2011.

When I run full scan or quick scan, a dialog says "an error has occurred". See attached screen shot.

Please help!

5 Replies
ConorD62
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: antivirus plus 2011 cannot scan

Have you tried running MVT?

stella42
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Yes. It doesn't work

Message was edited by: stella42 on 4/25/11 4:26:14 PM CDT
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Have any other security software installed on your computer like Microsoft Security Essentials, Paid Anti-Malwarebytes, Norton…etc. along with McAfee? Let us know the operating system with service pack and RAM size of your computer.

stella42
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

To your questions, I don't have any other software installed before (I just install MSE because McAfee doesn't work). Win7 64-bit SP1, 4GB. It worked before, but I don't realize when it failed.

I tried to find answers here. I saw quite a number of users have had the same problem for years, and they are asked to provide their system information, but I really don't see what's the matter. It is clear something wrong with McAfee software.

I also had some troubles install it when I bought it last Oct. I don't think I will use McAfee again when the current subscription expires.

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Please remove all other security software including Microsoft Security Essentials and restart your computer. If you face the same issue after restarting the computer, remove McAfee from your computer and ran MCPR tool (http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe), restart your computer and re-install McAfee.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community