cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwaller
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

'Your computer is not fully protected' notices

I get several of these notices each week & the icon telling me my computer is not protected, causing me to go into Mcafee & verify my subscription. I'm getting tired of doing this and want it to stop. Seems unnecessary to me.
How do I get it to stop sending multiple notices every few days.
:mad:
9 Replies
LonelyTripper
Former Member
Message 2 of 10

RE: 'Your computer is not fully protected' notices

One of the reason behind the error message would be cuz of the older version sitting on your computer,
Please revert back with an reply.

Operating System on your computer
Internet Connection on your computer
How did you get McAfee was that through ISP,CD or Online

Its one of the common error its happening with McAfee........
kwaller
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

'Your computer is not fully protected' notices'

Operating System - XP
Internet connection - dialup
Obtained McAfee on line.

I went thru the FAQ's and couldn't find anything about this.

If its so common why didn't I see something about it?

Thanks for any help you can provide. happy
Dennis_Allen
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Hi..

try running the mcafee virtual technician then post the session id number here..

click here: http://mvt.mcafee.com
ketketa
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

'your computer is not protected'...

Hi,

I've been getting the 'unprotected' alert for two days now. It keeps requiring to verify my subscription... Which I try to do, but in vain.
I have the 3-user McAfee full protection, purchased the downloadable versiono May 9, 1 year subscription. I live in Tbilisi, Georgia.
Could the location be the problem?
My Account prefectly shows the expiration date to be May 9, 2010...
I uninstalled and redownloaded it yesterday, this worked literally for half an hour or so, then the same alert came back...

Also, the updates work fine saying all programs are up to date, whatever this means...

Please help 😞

Oh, also I ran the Virtual Technician a few times, the last session ID is 18821549...
It keeps saying that there is one unfixable problem, somthing with parental control, the missing file or smth like that...
Dennis_Allen
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

HI..

Hi,

I've been getting the 'unprotected' alert for two days now. It keeps requiring to verify my subscription... Which I try to do, but in vain.
I have the 3-user McAfee full protection, purchased the downloadable versiono May 9, 1 year subscription. I live in Tbilisi, Georgia.
Could the location be the problem?
My Account prefectly shows the expiration date to be May 9, 2010...
I uninstalled and redownloaded it yesterday, this worked literally for half an hour or so, then the same alert came back...

Also, the updates work fine saying all programs are up to date, whatever this means...

Please help

Oh, also I ran the Virtual Technician a few times, the last session ID is 18821549...
It keeps saying that there is one unfixable problem, somthing with parental control, the missing file or smth like that...

kindly see this thread: http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=230841

see if you're having the same problems with this person.. if not, post back.. thanks..
ketketa
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

Re verify subscription

Thanks, Dannis.

I went to that thread. now everything seems to be fine, let's see how long it will last though 🙂

Cheers
Dennis_Allen
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

RE: Re verify subscription

Hope that everything will be okay now..:)
ketketa
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

Same problem - cannot verify subscription

Oh my God, the same again...
After two perfect days.

What is this really?? every 2 minutes I'm asked to check protection status, and it gives this yellow sign and Fix button, and by clicking on it the updates are drawn and the security center says 'fully protected... even at this moment I am unable to verify subscription not to mention the next attack... sad
ketketa
Former Member
Message 10 of 10

verify subscription

Yes, same here. But eventually mine stopped updating the programs and now looks like to have shut down at all. All signs are red and the only active link is 'verify your subscription', like everywhere, which I'm unable to do for some reason...

sad
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community