Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dathom
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Windows 7 system freezes when VirusScan 13.15 full scan running in background

My Windows 7 system has frozen twice today. I can't even get Caps Lock to come on. I have to power-cycle to recover.

I've been running Win 7 for about a month, and I haven't seen this problem before. The only difference I can think of is that I had VirusScan 13.15 doing a full background scan both times when the system froze. And I think this is the full scan I've done since I switched to Win 7.

Has anyone else had a freeze-up when running a full scan under Win 7?

Thanks,

DT

Tags (1)
1 Reply
cjwood
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Windows 7 system freezes when VirusScan 13.15 full scan running in background

I have this issue as well.  Have Windows 7 installed on laptop, running VirusScan 13.15 with build 13.15.113.  Mcafee wants to run full scan, however it takes FOREVER to run - we're talking all day long.  I have gotten it to complete once, but never got the summary page and the log shows no record of it running.  I have seen some discussions where a particular file is located as causing the problem - I have no idea how to locate any such file since I cannot locate any log or record of the scan.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community