Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 1 of 26

Windows 7 Action Centre Problem

Jump to solution

Now and then I get the popup from Windows 7 saying solve 2 Issues, and when I open up the Action Centre it is always McAfee, Spyware and Virus Protection, I click to start these programmes but nothing happens, I cannot open up McAfee at all either. The only solution I have found is a reboot of the PC and then all as it should be. I have scanned with McAfee and also other programmes to check for any malware or adware and nothing is showing up. So I am assuming this is a McAfee problem, either the programme is not fully loading on boot up or something else to which i have no idea what it is. A screen shot is attached, any ideas please.20141127144545909.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 25 of 26

Re: Windows 7 Action Centre Problem

Jump to solution

Hi Catdaddy,

I have not actually had this problem occur since the end of December, if it does happen again I will undertake an uninstall/reinstall. I would close this thread and If it does happen I will notify again. Thanks.

View solution in original post

25 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 26

Jump to solution

If your McAfee SecurityCenter says it is protecting (green) then you can safely click the links in the above picture "Turn off messages.......".

You can also, if you wish go to Control Panel > Security > Windows Defender and turn it on.  In Windows 7 this is OK, but not in any higher Windows version (8, 8.1, 10 etc.)

You might want to run the Virtual Technician to see if it finds and fixes any problems.

http://mvt.mcafee.com

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 26

Jump to solution

Hi

Please check for Windows Updates and Install them. Reboot machine after see if issue occurs. You might need to Trust McAfee as a verified Publisher once you click the "Turn On" button.

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 4 of 26

Jump to solution

Hi Chinthanai

Windows Updates are up to date, so nothing new to install. The button you are referring to to turn on I did click the McAfee trusted one. After doing this I could not open McAfee programme at all double clicking the Icon or right click and open would not open. So I could not check to see if McAfee was green or not.

The two errors showing would not go away I had to reboot the PC and all was fine then.

I have had this happen before, it does not always happen just now and then.

Next time it does I will try to open the Progamme first before I do anything and if it is green I will turn off those messages, but then why do we get this pop up?

I have run Virtual Tech and nothing shows up all its fine.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 26

Jump to solution

Usually this happens around 90 secs after boot and goes away before 5minutes is reached. This has been happening for ages and can be ignored if McAfee green. McAfee has contacted Microsoft about this and to date no fix so I will revisit the issue and report it in our(mods) next meeting.

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 6 of 26

Jump to solution

Thank you Peacekeeper

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 7 of 26

Jump to solution

I had this error occur only a few mins ago, but I could not open the McAfee interface at all, not on the icon in the task bar, not the desktop shortcut and not even going to programmes and and try from there.

The action centre said that Windows firewall was on but McAfee firewall was off but even highlighting Mcafee in the box none of the boxes would light up to to turn Mcafee on and turn windows firewall off.

so I could not turn Mcafee on at all I had to reboot the PC. The image below is the action centre box for installed firewall programmes

20141220195153747.png

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 26

Jump to solution

What version of McAfee 12.8 or 13.6? Ok I am on win8.1 and McAfee 13.6.1367 and issue doe snot occur will monitor this in a win7 PC later on.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 26

Jump to solution

The picture you posted says things are OK.  McAfee is on and Windows FW is off.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 26

Jump to solution

Actually this is an issue displaying a Prompt stating that your McAfee Protection is (Not On).When actually it is. The problem being that on rare instances, Windows Action Center fails to recognize such. Should you check the running processes, it would say as much.

To ease your mind, opposed to having to do a restart.

1- Right click on your Time clock,start Task Manger.

2- Left Click on Services (Top),Left click on Services (Bottom)

3- You will now be in Services.Msc. Scroll down to Security Center(WSCSV)

4- Double left click and open,change start-up setting to Disabled, apply, Stop Services ,ok.

5- Open Services.msc again,repeat the procedure, however this time select start-up setting to

Automatic (D), apply,start services, OK.

6- You will now see that Windows Action Center recognizes McAfee, and all prompts will disappear.

And most importantly will have the piece of mind knowing that your McAfee has indeed been on

ever since Start-up.

I might add that this is Windows7 Sp1.

All the best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community