Jump to solution

I am using Windows 7 and McAfee build is version 13.6

It is very intermittent

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 12 of 26

Re: Windows 7 Action Centre Problem

Jump to solution

It was the other way around when the problem occurred, but unfortunately I did not take a snap of it,it was an afterthought to show you the box I was talking about as it does not give you the option to change it. Sorry about that Ex Brit

Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 13 of 26

Jump to solution

Thank you for that Catddady I will try this step when and if it occurs again.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 26

Jump to solution

You,re quite welcome

All the very Best

Catdaddy

Happy Holidays

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 15 of 26

Jump to solution

The other thing which I really do not understand why couldn't I open McAfee itself, no way I could do that

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 26

Jump to solution

Actually I have never ran into that instance. Very rarely do I see it occur. Should the case be it happens again, Perform that "Workaround/Fix" without restarting, and attempt to do so. (Open Your McAfee UI) I assume you can open your McAfee User Interface OK at the present?

Again, it is a Microsoft issue and has been for ages. As long as your McAfee is updating, and all is listed as "Secure" I would have no concerns. In my Honest opinion.

All the Best

Catdaddy

Happy Holidays

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 17 of 26

Jump to solution

I can open the UI now but when that error occurs in Action Centre you are unable to open the UI.

Your workaround steps have been noted and will try that if it happens again

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 26

Jump to solution

That's Great !   Should the issue arise in the future, Immediately after following the advised procedure, opposed to performing a Restart, Open your McAfee User Interface and indeed be assured you are protected. Should that not be the case, please apprise us of such. I will close by Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas/ and a Happy and Prosperous New Year....

All the very Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nisa51
Contributor III
Message 19 of 26

Jump to solution

Catdaddy I just had the error up a few mins ago, I tried your workaround but it didn't work. I went into services and disabled Security Centre and stopped the service, closed services down.  I had the pop up for Security Centre is disabled and to enabled it.

I ignored that, went back into Services and started Security Centre again, but it did not work at all, it still showed that Mcafee was not working I could not start it from Security Centre and I could not Open Mcafee UI to check or do anything, so a reboot once again. This is becomming annoyining now.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 20 of 26

Jump to solution

Then I would recommend that you do a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall following the Guidleines/Instructions in this FAQ:How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MC...

Something is definitely going wrong. Of course you can always contact Customer Support 24/7 via Phone/Chat much quicker:Services and Support for Home and Office

The workaround has always worked in my experience. Please apprise us of your results.

Please make certain you are Current and up to date with all Windows Updates/Add-ons. To include Internet Explorer 11. McAfee and other important Programs require it. You may even reset Internet Explorer back to its "Default Settings".

All the very best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community