cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwchr
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Will Not Run - Someone from McAfee Please Answer This!

I posted the following a week ago and then scanned using Stinger as requested but still no response...

My stinger results are attached.  Please review and let me know how to proceed.

ORIGINAL POST

------------

None of the McAfee services will run....the virtual techician found 11 problems! It can't fix the processes and services errors.  None of applications will run!  Not VirusScanPlus, Security Center, Firewall, etc.!  McAfee what is wrong????  Then I go to the on line chat but the continually hangs!!! I am ready to demand my money back and buy something else!

What can I do???

My session ID 23649159

------------

Hi,

it's possible you have some malware on your machine, as many malware authors will include code to disable AV software as part of the payload. can you download our free stinger tool, run it on your machine with artemis enabled on 'very high' an with it set to 'report only', then post the report up on this thread so we can take a look.

Thanks,

Sam

Samantha Price
Security Awareness Community Leader
McAfee Labs
---------------

1 Reply
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Will Not Run - Someone from McAfee Please Answer This!

Hi dwchr,

I have requested for some additonal information in your original thread . Please reply to it here : http://community.mcafee.com/message/112823

Thanks,

Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community