cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 11 of 20

Re: Why does machine shut down during scan?

Jump to solution

Not fast enough to tell if same file all the time.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 12 of 20

Jump to solution

To those who tried to help me  "Thanks".

To the "crack" Technical Service Chat line I say BOO!

Sreenadh SS played with my machine and crashed it.

It took the Microsoft repair three tries and an hour and a half to get

this far, and, I have no idea what OTHER damage "Technical Service"

may have done? They even "verified" my phone number "in case we got disconnected "

That was over two hours ago.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 20

Jump to solution

Please post your service reference number they gave you so I can alert a senior technician to your plight.

Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 14 of 20

Jump to solution

SR-1629054830

You might be interested but the Microsoft "fix" had to go back to when I had IE 10 as my browser and resurrect it.

Remember I said I had installed 11 yesterday?

I don't know what my "plight" is anymore as I am gun shy of any remote assistance at this time?

However I think McAfee needs to train their people better and be more responsive.

I had even asked the Tech what I souled do IF we got disconnected he didn't reply but had previously asked to verify my phone number to "reconnect". Thanks for your help.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 20

Jump to solution

I will email someone who will speak to you in this thread.  They wont force you to do anything, but I can't help feel that if the case had been escalated things would have been solved.  Let's see what he says, I will email him now.  I can't promise when he will be here of course, as I don't know his shifts..

Peacekeeper
Message 16 of 20

Jump to solution

I take it you never uninstalled and tried to reinstall before calling support?

Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 17 of 20

Jump to solution

No I didn't.

IF I have to go to that much trouble to correct the error I might as well use another product.

Once I uninstall McAfee I have half the work done to install say that company that offers 5 computers for life for

$150.00?

Since I use "auto update" I have to give some credit to McAfee on the fault side and DO expect their

help in correcting the problem. Certainly their technical service was a bust for me.

McAfee has been on my machine since 2011 and been renewed on line.

Peacekeeper
Message 18 of 20

Jump to solution

See if the high level tech Peter pinged can assist you. The uninstall reinstall is easy and is worth a go before going over to the dark side. I wonder if all this was being caused by windows in the start and that the ie11 install messed up something.

The techs low and high level have played with my 3 Pcs plenty of times especially as I run the beta version on my PC and if any issues found they want to remote to it.

Best of luck whatever you decide

Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 19 of 20

Jump to solution

To all who offered help I thank you. However a "half" a cigar goes to Ex Brit, when he proffered the "overheating scenario"

and the other half of the cigar goes to a netizen of an AMD forum who suggested TIM could fix my computer.

So I got TIM and  was able to do a complete scan to 100%.

If you're like me you wondered who TIM was? TIM= Thermal Interface Material, which I always just call CPU goo or grease.

The TIM on my machine was totally dry and not enhancing the heat sink affect for the CPU. The new TIM cooled it down a lot.

Sic

Peacekeeper
Message 20 of 20

Jump to solution

My preference is Arctic silver 5 never had to redo any CPU ever.

Glad to see all better now.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community