cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
first-step
Former Member
Message 1 of 15

Why does VirusScan Disable itself?

I'm running Vista with VirsusScan 13.15. The virsus scan disables itself countless times everyday. The McAfee Banner apears with the following messsage;

Your computer is not fully protected.

Please check your protection status in McAfee SecurityCenter and fix any problems.

When a bring up McAfee SecurityCenter the Red X is active in the window with (Am I Protected? No) and an option to select Fix.

Computer & Files and E-mail & IM are highlighted with Action Required!

I've been on the phone with support numerous times and they have removed and re-install the McAfee application multple times. The virsus scan runs and detects nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks,

first-step

14 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 15

Re: Why does VirusScan Disable itself?

Hi,

To diagnose the problem why the virus scan gets disabled, could you please provide the following information;

What is the operating system in the computer ?

What is the internet connection we use ?

Do we have any other third party software in the computer ?

Did we make any recent change for the computer ?

Please run mcafee virtual technician from http://mvt.mcafee.com and post your session id

Regards,

Dinesh K

first-step
Former Member
Message 3 of 15

What is the operating system in the computer ? Vista

What is the internet connection we use ? DSL

Do we have any other third party software in the computer ? The only softwareI've installed that was not puchased are Skype and ScreenHunter 5.0

Did we make any recent change for the computer ? This has been occuring for about 3 months now, I've opened several case with McAfee and even paid for the next level of support but they were unable to resolve the matter.

Please run mcafee virtual technician from http://mvt.mcafee.com and post your session id - I ran virtual tech, it did not retun any error messages.

first-step
Former Member
Message 4 of 15

The first attempt at running Virtual Tech did not install correctly. I removed, reinstalled and ran VT it found and fixed one error.

Session ID: 23650624

Information about the error is attached.

4:20PM Eastern

first-step

dwchr
Former Member
Message 5 of 15

I am having the same problem.  None of the services will run...the virtual techician found 11 problems! It can't fix the processes and services errors.  None of applications will run!  Not VirusScanPlus, Security Center, Firewall, etc.!  McAfee what is wrong????  Then I go to the on line chat but the continually hangs!!! I am ready to demand my money back and buy something else!

My session ID 23649159

Lynnea1
Former Member
Message 6 of 15

I have the same problem.  There is another forum somewhere on this site that discusses it.  If I can find it again I will let you know.

You can run MVT a hundred times and the problem still returns.  It is a glitch in McAfee and it is being debated among people on that forum about whether or not McAfee is working on it.  Many of the technicians said they believe the problem lies between McAfee and Adobe, and that the Adobe people are not being very helpful when it comes to finding out if it truly is a problem with their software.At any rate, McAfee is losing customers because of this problem.  Right now it is really not fixable.

Lynne

Tatert
Former Member
Message 7 of 15

Have same problem. Been using a year or more and problem just started ocurring couple weeks ago.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 8 of 15

Hi All,

The reason for security center to provide a message that its not protected may vary , as it might be due to a conflict with any other software, malware infection. .

Can you please post the error message displayed under the security center along with a screen shot.

And please run mcafee virutal technician from http://mvt.mcafee.com and post me the session id along with the above.

Regards,

Dinesh K

first-step
Former Member
Message 9 of 15

Dinz,

The requested screen shot is attached.

The session ID: 23705504

thanks,

first-step

CrimsonEye
Former Member
Message 10 of 15

Is the network speed proper. If it is too slow, there is a possibility that AV gets disabled as sometimes it queries the AV server on the real time basis to get information on suspects.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community