cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rita1957
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Why can't I stop the error "Your computer is at risk: Real-Time Scanning: Off"?

The problem goes much deeper than this.  I followed all the directions in the FAQ and as the last resort, uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee Virusscan.  Twice. 

Not only did it not stop the error from occuring, my computer would freeze if I opened any other programs.  I couldn't even close them or do a restart!  The only way I could get my system back was to manually turn off the computer and turn it back on.

Finally, I removed McAfee Internet completely.  Guess what?  Everything runs fine now.  Except I have no virus protection!

I'm running Vista 32 bit, IE8 and Mozilla Firefox.  Please advise

1 Reply
lakshmanans
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Why can't I stop the error "Your computer is at risk: Real-Time Scanning: Off"?

Hi Rita,

your computer may have infected with trojans and Worms .so kindly downlaoad the latest stinger from McAfee download center and perform full scan .

Why Real-Time  Scanning:off?

Nowadays malwares and threats initial process is terminating the working of security products (registry entries may modified by threats ).

Note :

kindly diasble the system restore wen you perform full scan.

Stinger link

http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/free-tools/stinger.aspx

Thanks and regards

Lakshmanan S

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community