cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
growltiger
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

What's going on?

My computer is ancient but works great. It still runs XP, so I'm not interested in upgrading until I have to.

I love my McAffee Virus protection, but it is supposed to scan at 4:00 a.m. on Fridays BUT instead it starts scanning in the middle of the day on Friday and takes hours to complete making it almost impossible to use my computer in the middle of the day. Since it's set up to scan at 4 a.m. and since the computer definitely knows the time, I am at a loss as to how to fix it. Anyideas?

Growltiger

1 Reply
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: What's going on?

Hi Elizabeth,

I Assume that your PC is turned ON at 4 AM !!! and no other applications are running at that time !!

Please try to schedule a task using windows task scheduler and check if it initiates at the right time , pls refer to this link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc748993(v=WS.10).aspx

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community