Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaGopha
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Weird updates again?

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showpost.php?p=551047

This appears to be happening again. As ExBrit determined last time, this was down to a dodgy update that'd been pushed over the weekend.

As it turns out, I've just pulled down SC 9.3, but all is not exactly as it should be: http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?p=555813#post555813

What's going on?!
7 Replies
DaGopha
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

RE: Weird updates again?

Hmm...

Does seem to be the case that there is a dodgy update out there. None of my machines are able to pull down the latest DATs, as per the time before, when Peter determined there was a bad-DAT push.

Similarly, those with SC9.3 have blank About screens...

Gopha
mcgonzi
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

it's 19:01 GMT -5 and McAfee Total Protection hasn't updated yet and still shows DAT version 5570 created yesterday.
hubie
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

Seems to be happening again.When i check for updates it
says my def file is up to date but it is still 70 from 3/31. it's 11:00 pm
here so it looks like another bust.http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Hubie
mcgonzi
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

11:54 p.m. and still no updates... anyway I still feel more protected with McAfee than with any other AV product, and I have used NIS 2009 (very light but you can notice some poor detection by reading some threads in it's official forum) and I have used KIS 2009 too (today I replaced KIS with McAfee Total Protection in my desktop PC) 🙂

I hope the updating problem gets fixed soon and it would be even better if the updates are more than once a day wink like Kaspersky or Norton that updates every 5-15 minutes now.
mcgonzi
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

just to let you know that today I got DAT 5572 (never got 5571 though).
DaGopha
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Yeah - this appears to be resolved now...!
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Marking this as solved. Just an FYI occasionally Avert will miss a DAT number or withhold a DAT for some reason or another, unknown to us I'm afraid.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community