Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaGopha
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Waking from standby caused inactivation

Dunno if anyone else has seen this:

Having been upgraded automatically to VS+2009, I've found today (one-off instance) that when waking my machine from standby, (all) McAfee services are disabled. SC offers to fix the issues, but I just restarted my machine, and all was well.

I've seen this before with VS8 when waking from hibernate on Win2K machines.

Just reporting the first instance of this. Will keep an eye on things. I'll remark that I regularly standby VS+2009 machines, and this is the first time that I've seen this happen.

Cheers,
Goph.
1 Reply
DaGopha
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: Waking from standby caused inactivation

This has happened again today. Same as before, when waking from standby, all McAfee services are disabled.

A quick restart and it's all back to normal again... anyone else experiencing this? Doesn't happen all the time - I'd gone to standby 5-6 times before it occurred.

Cheers,
Goph.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community