Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zero2
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Visual Studio Profile Tools does not works when Real-Time Scanning is on

Hello fellows.

I work with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate and use Profile tools all the time. Recently I installed Mcafee Internet Security and Visual Studio stopped working. When I try to profile my application and make a CPU Sampling I get the following error:

PRF0010: Launch Aborted - Unable to start vsperfmon.exe (VStudio 2010)

I already tried to stop, uninstall, reinstall and restart the perfmon process but still get the same error:

vsperfcmd /admin:driver,uninstall

vsperfcmd /admin:driver,start

vsperfcmd /admin:service,uninstall

vsperfcmd /admin:service,start

I am sure that the problem is associated to Real-Time scanning because I executed the following tests:

Turned off firewall and Turned off Real-Time Scanning  - Profiling works

Turned on firewall and Turned off Real-Time Scanning  - Profiling works

Turned off firewall and Turned on Real-Time Scanning - Profiling does not works

Turned on firewall and Turned on Real-Time Scanning - Profiling does not works

I checked my processes and when I have real-time scanning running my profiling process gets locked (VSPerfMon.exe) and does not provides any answer but does not gets unloaded from the memory as well. I used to have another protection tool and it worked perfectly (stopped working after Mcafee tool install). I tried to configure real time scanning through the Internet Security GUI but was not able to add an exception for my process or something like that (I tried different stuff but nothing worked). How can I keep my protection enabled and still get my Visual Studio fully working?

Thanks and regards.

3 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Visual Studio Profile Tools does not works when Real-Time Scanning is on

Hi there,

Thanks for the detailed description on the issue and the work arounds that you carried on to isolate the problems, sure does indicate that you are too good with computer

please get back to us with the below information ;

McAfee Security center :

Version :

Aff id :

McAfee Virus scan :

Version :

DAT :

Have you contacted McAfee tech support with regards to this problem ?

Regards,

zero2
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Hello Dinz,

Thanks for the answer. I'm a C++ developer and I use Visual Studio as IDE. That is why I try to isolate a problem before reporting (I try to report the same way I would like to receive bug reports on my software). 😄

McAfee Security center :

Version : 11.0

Build: 11.0.608

Aff id : 0

Language: pt-br

Last Update: 29/09/2011

McAfee Virus scan :

Version : 15.0

Build: 15.0.291

Last Update: 05/10/2011

DAT : 6489

DAT Creation Date: 04/10/2011

I contacted Mcafee support and they told me that it was necessary to escalate the problem to a higher level and maybe an update to the product will be necessary to allow profiling with Visual Studio 2010. They told me to deactivate Real-Time Scanner but I don't think that is the best way to solve the problem. I'm still trying to get deep with this issue but I didn't have too much free time recently.

Thanks and regards.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

The technician was correct with his information on escalation , as these type of issues are considered a compatibility problem with McAfee software (sometimes caused due to the other software or any other ) . Please click on Useful links at the top of this page and get connected to a support technician and request for an escalation , Please ensure to send me the service number you get from support so as I could take it to the right department in McAfee.

Thanks,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community